• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Accu-Weather is no longer on KYW Newsradio 1060

Really? Did you learn this by reading it on philly.com or hearing the channel 3 meteorologists on KYW? Elliot Abrams was the last to go on AM drive time. I guess if meteorologists from their sister station are in the same building again...

Steve Butler says it has nothing to do with money. Right! Anybody notice his nose growing? Or smoke from his burning pants? How can you tell Butler is lying? His lips are moving.

That said, why buy the Accuweather service when NOAA's weather service is free?

Channel 3 "meteorologists?" Well, they call their TelePrompTer readers "journalists," so why not? To get the AMS seal of approval, all you need to do is complete a quickie online course. Eliot Abrams (and Dr. Joel Meyers, the other co-founder of Accu-Weather) actually had legitimate credentials.

CBS has gotten into cross-promotion. Have Ken or Barbie from channel 3 read weather. Have somebody from WIP read sports. Next, have somebody from KYW read news on 1210. Have talk show hosts from 1210 do commentary on KYW. Besides, with what local news brand is Accu-Weather most associated? That's right: Action News!

I like Frank Lombardo and Tony Selimo, both of whom can be heard on LIFT FM. They are the real deal, real meteorologists. www.liftfm.com

Not again. More promo posts for a rim-shot low-power church station in far South Jersey, which you can only receive around Bridgeton. Real deal? Two guys from an also-ran weather service operating out of the boonies in Hunterdon County with a barter weather service.

Fred I have good news for you! LIFT FM can be heard on 103.3 FM in Millville/Vineland, 97.9 FM Rio Grande/Cape May/Wildwood and general area, and also on 88.1 FM in Pennsville. Now, will you make LIFT FM your favorite radio station? :)

Fred I have good news for you! LIFT FM can be heard on 103.3 FM in Millville/Vineland, 97.9 FM Rio Grande/Cape May/Wildwood and general area, and also on 88.1 FM in Pennsville. Now, will you make LIFT FM your favorite radio station? :)

Sorry, none of those translators gets into the Philadelphia radio market. Even if I could receive any of them, I don't have any interest in a hobby station for amateur DJs playing religious music.

I notice one of those translators is in the non-commercial band. The website says the station is non-commercial. This weather service is barter (meaning they sell spots and your station runs them). The website lists a bunch of "sponsors." How can a station be non-commercial and run commercials? Maybe I should let the FCC know.

Why do you keep feeling the need to keep coming here to promote and obscure, out of market religious station? What is you connection with this station?

Besides, back to the original topic, if I want to know what the weather forecast is, I look at my phone.

I notice one of those translators is in the non-commercial band. The website says the station is non-commercial. This weather service is barter (meaning they sell spots and your station runs them). The website lists a bunch of "sponsors." How can a station be non-commercial and run commercials? Maybe I should let the FCC know.

The website isn't controlled by the FCC... they can put whatever the hell they want on there.

And barter service can still be arranged for non-comm stations. WHYY in Philly still runs Shadow Traffic. I've heard it. The sponsorship read isn't a full commercial, just a mention of who it is brought to you by. That is fully allowed, just like underwriting mentions are. Not saying this is how Lift FM does it, but it's something that is easily manageable.

The website isn't controlled by the FCC... they can put whatever the hell they want on there.

And barter service can still be arranged for non-comm stations. WHYY in Philly still runs Shadow Traffic. I've heard it. The sponsorship read isn't a full commercial, just a mention of who it is brought to you by. That is fully allowed, just like underwriting mentions are. Not saying this is how Lift FM does it, but it's something that is easily manageable.

And the almost commercials before and after a PBS shows by the sponsors, it almost looks like a Home Depot commercial before This Old House starts.

Fred, we need you to get in the Christmas Spirit! Indeed LIFT FM broadcasts weather without commercial spots but do have underwriters.

Unregistered guest, I appreciate your explanation in LIFT FM's defense.

To all: Have a very Merry Christmas and may the next year be your best year, 2015!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom