• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Antenna TV's new schedule begins 1/5/15

Antenna TV's new schedule begins January 5th.

New: Mr. Belvedere, Doogie Howser MD, Small Wonder (What were they smoking when they came up with that one?), Newhart, Leave it to Beaver, Evening Shade, others?

Gone: Different Strokes, The Nanny, Married with Children, Sanford and Son, and some others.

Notes: WKRP is now on Weeknights at 7PM Eastern in addition to a Midnite airing on Sundays. Antenna TV Theater will now only air Satudays/Sunday at 5AM.

http://antennatv.tv/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Antenna-TV-1Q-2015-Program-Grid-East-West.pdf

Last edited:
Small Wonder ran for four seasons, good for 96 episodes.

And it was not a network show, but first-run syndication in its original airings.

Tiffany Brissette, who played the lead character "Vicki" on the series, left acting at age 17 and apparently now lives a normal life in Colorado.

I’m definitely glad that Newhart is on the schedule and that WKRP and Barney Miler are being expanded. I’m also glad that movies are being cut back, other than that I wish they would start having a Saturday night sci-fi/horror movie like Me TV and RTV. I’m also glad that The Nanny and Married With Children are being dropped, hopefully for good this time.

For me Antenna TV is getting better than Me TV at most times of the day except prime time, and even there they’re getting better than they’ve ever been.

Geez, Antenna TV it's okay to shelf Good Times for a spell and pull something else down.
Good Times has been on the schedule in perpetuity since the channel launched.

Replace it with The Jeffersons and give Florida Evans a much needed break.

Small Wonder was a bad show, but Tiffany Brissette was a little cutie.

I'm glad it's on the schedule. I hope some other first run syndies make it into the rotation. Charles in Charge (2nd season on) comes to mind, the New WKRP is another.

The New WKRP probably hasn't seen the light of day since it was cancelled, except for possibly clips on You Tube. To me it was never as good as the original.

No, it wasn't. Much smaller budget, and many of the best concepts had been run in the original series. It was still decent and might see the light again. Who knows?

Antenna TV's new schedule begins January 5th.

New: Mr. Belvedere, Doogie Howser MD, Small Wonder (What were they smoking when they came up with that one?), Newhart, Leave it to Beaver, Evening Shade, others?

Gone: Different Strokes, The Nanny, Married with Children, Sanford and Son, and some others.

Notes: WKRP is now on Weeknights at 7PM Eastern in addition to a Midnite airing on Sundays. Antenna TV Theater will now only air Satudays/Sunday at 5AM.

http://antennatv.tv/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Antenna-TV-1Q-2015-Program-Grid-East-West.pdf

It's spelled Diff'rent Strokes. Too bad it's not being continued. Maybe it moves over to another channel?

The New WKRP probably hasn't seen the light of day since it was cancelled, except for possibly clips on You Tube. To me it was never as good as the original.

New WKRP was about as a bad a sequel series as AfterMASH or even The Golden Palace (spinoff of "The Golden Girls" after Bea Arthur's character gets married and leaves Florida...or something like that).

Actually, one sitcom series that was originally on ABC during a brief period in the early 80s and ended up migrating to first-run syndication sometime later which I'd like to see again is "It's a Living"...about waitresses in a high-rise hotel restaurant. I remember it being somewhat funny for a comedy series set in the workplace.

-Jefferson

"It's a Living" was great the first two years when it was on network TV, and especially the second year when it had Louise Lasser on it and was renamed "Making a Living." Lasser is brilliant, and steals every scene she is in, whatever part she is playing. The syndicated year with Ann Jillian was OK, but it was only a shell of the first two years after Jillian left.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom