• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Jason Bailey starts on Rock 100.5 today, Dec. 15

I'm so confused! For years, and I mean years, we have all basically agreed that Rock 100.5 has horrible ratings but must be billing okay. Most of us assumed it was because of the The Regular Guys and others who didn't believe the station was billing well, made the assumptions that no change in format would occur because of the contract with TRG.

Now that TRG is basically gone, why in the hell are there no signs of adjustments in format or a complete overhaul? What am I missing? Could the station actually be billing pretty well all day long but the ratings (1.9 Nov) are simply not showing it?

Looking forward to hearing input from others on this. Could care less if you like the format - I'm looking for more intellectual conversation on the ratings/billing process and predictions.

I would bet a cup of coffee that this morning show has a lot smaller payroll than TRG. If the ratings stay close to were they are now Cumulus has more positive cash flow off of 100.5. If the morning ratings tank, Cumulus simply goes the more music in the morning route like 97.1.

IMHO if Cumulus can get 100.5 to about a half of 97.1's 5.6 (6+) playing classic rock they should have some money demos to sell.

I would bet a cup of coffee that this morning show has a lot smaller payroll than TRG. If the ratings stay close to were they are now Cumulus has more positive cash flow off of 100.5. If the morning ratings tank, Cumulus simply goes the more music in the morning route like 97.1.

IMHO if Cumulus can get 100.5 to about a half of 97.1's 5.6 (6+) playing classic rock they should have some money demos to sell.

And if not, they could flip to adult/variety hits or move News to 100.5 and do something else with 106.7.

I took a listen to the morning show today. Maybe it was me, but I'd swear Steve and Jason were already in a "how many rock stars have you hung out with" contest. Steve was talking about getting Vince Neil and Rikki Rocket out to his club, and Jason followed up to say he was friends with Brett Michaels and some guy from Three Doors Down or One Eye Blind. I sensed some, "Oh, yeah? Well, me, too!" underneath.

Glad I saved some old Regular Guys shows.

It's been 4 days and only i post and 3 responses. Just shows how much of an impact this is going to have …

Could the station actually be billing pretty well all day long but the ratings (1.9 Nov) are simply not showing it?

There are not many non-sportstalk stations that target a younger male demo; in fact, I can't think of one. As a result, Rock100.5 has certain advertisers all to themselves, like nekkid bars, DUI lawyers, head shops, and the like.

I will say this though--the spots run by these kinds of advertisers seem to be dwindling.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom