• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The Todd Show Gets New Co-Host

Surprised no one has mentioned this yet. This should really shake things up. Also answers rumors of a format flip.

New York morning man Todd Pettengill is getting his first co-host since Scott Shannon left in February. Jayde Donovan will join Pettengill at Cumulus Media hot AC WPLJ (95.5), starting January 5. Donovan arrives from Cox Media Group CHR “Hot 101.5” WPOI, Tampa where she anchored “Hot Mornings with Jayde.”

Jayde Donovan, aka Trish "The Dish" Sweet of KDND/Sacramento's Morning Rave, who laughed her way through the station's “Hold your wee for a Wii” contest that ended up killing a woman in 2007 and cost the station $16 million+?

believe I posted this in the 'save a sinking ship' post ;o). normally I would have started a new thread, but I try not to do that and clog up the board ;o).

the really sad part is that they built up annie, sheila and that idiot meatballs to be the new morning team, and annie even started getting top billing over cooper in some areas, despite the fact that cooper had been there longer. then sometime around June the show got reformated into breaks no longer than 3 minutes each. and meatballs was the first to be cut..but by then I was long gone. and now in december, when the show has about a week left to go before break, they make this new announcement.

No word on if annie,sheila, or monk are staying or going. heh, Even though I switched to CBS in April, I still have one PLJ person on my twitter feed just to keep aprise. they posted a picture of ugly sweaters on twitter, and annie didn't seem to happy in the photo ;o).

I think it'll be interesting to see if Jayde takes the lead in this show, filling the Scott Shannon role, and Todd is once again returned to a support role.

Or perhaps she'll run HIM off.

that was the speculation. especially if a lady is in charge of hiring new people like I think they quoted in the press release. Can't remember who it was, but they where really boning her up like she was the next big thing for NY.
It'd be funny if in another 6 months, after the Memorial day show, Todd is gone, monk is gone, and whoever else is left, and it'll just be jayde in the morning. Maybe in 2016 even jade will be gone and they'll just be all music like lite.

Oh well, I hope that's the case. Once you start looking up WPLJ rumors, todd really shot himself in the foot stabbing scott in the back. He pissed off every member of the morning show (as is evident by light digs over at CBS) to get his own show. And that show barely lasted 6 months before things got reformatted...and ratings dropped, literally, almost instantly. within two months they went from a steady 11/12 to 17, and then 21, while scott brought CBS up to a steady number one for four months.

To be perfectly honest, never in my life would I have predicted this is the way it would end. I only listened out of loyalty once joe left. the show was a shell of it's former self. more hurtful and slow than funny and fast. Todd did a totally different show that was more like the rocky allen showgram when scott left on vacation, and I THOUGHT that's what we where going to get when he went solo in february. But I guess he was still sticking to scotts basic format then. When scott left, he was free to go all out the way he'd want to do it. which was pretty much the same, only far more raunchy, and TMZ like. When Scott left, he also took the good guests with him, so Todd was forced to rely on trashy reality stars to book, (like how they hooked themselves t to those housewife idiots)...and if I had to take a guess, that's where people started tuning out. When you hear showbiz report after showbiz report of harpies arguing, it becomes more annoying than funny.

oh well... couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of rats on PLJ. they helped make the big show better than ever before by getting rid of them...so I could really care less what happens to todd now. And to think I bought into the nice guy act. IF he wanted to leave radio, he should have just quit, rather than ruining scotts career.

I'd rather have them go back to rock. or maybe even all 70s. so many stations playing the same songs. hell, sometimes you listen to cbs and it sounds like PLJ ..had to make sure I had the right station on.

I agree. I can't see getting rid of cooper increasing their ratings any. Annie kind of comes off like a ditz at times. a nice ditz, but still...

I predict one of two things will happen. Todd will eventually grow tired of the game after loosing his own show and leave on his own.
Or, PLJ will like Jayde better, pay off Todd and Monk and Annie eon whatever remains of their contract, and can them after the summer blast off if things don't improve any. PLJ tends to like canning people after holiday breaks with no notice.

did anyone listen to their holiday show? how did it sound?
I'm surprised they managed to get any guests.. I never heard of Auther group before.

that was pretty funny in a sad way.... ah, giant corporations.....don't you just love them?

Seems all todd show logos have been taken down from the PLJ website. Guess Karma caught up with him....price of selling scott out if rumors are to be believed...

that was pretty funny in a sad way.... ah, giant corporations.....don't you just love them?

Seems all todd show logos have been taken down from the PLJ website. Guess Karma caught up with him....price of selling scott out if rumors are to be believed...

You sure take this stuff seriously.

"Scott Shannon" was 76 -an old sounding 76 and still doing Hot AC -a format with a desired age median around 40 years younger. If the station had flipped to an 80's based Classic Hits Shannon might still have had some credibility.
I don't listen to much commercial radio, but I have tuned-in CBS-f recently and while he sounds more alive than Don Imus -that isn't saying much. He is a better fit at CBS, still, I can't see him there at 80.

Chan

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom