• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Supersport 930 on 92.9

I didn't know it either. 92,9 is in Hazelhurst and doesn't get into jackson that well. Also, what about the simulcast with 1220 AM? Is that still on the air? BTW. 930 needs some work. Back in the day when it was WSLI it was a decent sounding station. But today the signal has gone to pot and the audio seems low and sometimes drops out. Nothing like it's former glory.

WSFZ is simulcasting on W226BS - an FM translator owned by New South Broadcasting. It had been rebroadcasting WIIN-AM until they shut it down when WIIN lost their transmitter site. According to the FCC database, New South filed a minor change for W226BS to move to 92.9 - apparently Supersport 930 and New South Broadcasting worked out a deal.

RFB

so does this mean WIIN 780 is officially dead?I thought they had a construction permit to move the transmitter. Why would they move the translator back to 92.9? It worked better after they went to 93.1 to get away from the interference with WDXO Hazelhurst.

so does this mean WIIN 780 is officially dead?I thought they had a construction permit to move the transmitter. Why would they move the translator back to 92.9? It worked better after they went to 93.1 to get away from the interference with WDXO Hazelhurst.

No, WIIN has a CP to move it's tower form the current site near Powell and Kirkwood Road in northern Jackson to co-locate on one of the 3 towers for WSFZ 930 near Beasley and Glencross Road in Northeast Jackson

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom