• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Songs that weren't country to begin with

I thought All 4 One was first because I never heard the Country version until years later. By the way, how did you like "Solitaire"?
I didn't. But the only Laura Branigan song I actually like is "How Am I Supposed to Live without You", except for the loud guitar (definitely better than the mess Michael Bolton makes of it). At least the station I listened to in the 80s cut out the introduction to "Self Control", though parts of that were pretty bad even then.

I didn't. But the only Laura Branigan song I actually like is "How Am I Supposed to Live without You", except for the loud guitar (definitely better than the mess Michael Bolton makes of it). At least the station I listened to in the 80s cut out the introduction to "Self Control", though parts of that were pretty bad even then.
You lost me! Why are you talking about Laura Branigan? "Solitaire" is a Carpenters song, as I mentioned in the other thread and I can't imagine you not liking it!

You lost me! Why are you talking about Laura Branigan? "Solitaire" is a Carpenters song, as I mentioned in the other thread and I can't imagine you not liking it!

Not that it matters in a thread about country music, but though the Carpenters did have a hit song named "Solitaire", Laura Branigan also had a hit song named "Solitaire", though it was a totally different song. Branigan's hit was a remake of a European hit, "Solitaire" by Martine Clémenceau.

Not that it matters in a thread about country music, but though the Carpenters did have a hit song named "Solitaire", Laura Branigan also had a hit song named "Solitaire", though it was a totally different song. Branigan's hit was a remake of a European hit, "Solitaire" by Martine Clémenceau.

Thank you! That certainly explains what happened. He didn't click on the link. He looked it up and got the wrong song!

Thank you! That certainly explains what happened. He didn't click on the link. He looked it up and got the wrong song!
I don't click on links. I'm at home. I have no speakers, I don't want to pay for fast eough Internet to listen to anything, and I just plain don't go to sites I don't know when at home.

I don't click on links. I'm at home. I have no speakers, I don't want to pay for fast eough Internet to listen to anything, and I just plain don't go to sites I don't know when at home.
Thank you for getting back to me. I would think that You Tube is among the safest sites out there, in that it's probably the #2 way of consuming music, at this point! If it weren't, we would have heard about it by now. The only probable solution I have is to go to the library. They probably have headphones. You could also use the computer or smartphone of a friend or relative. How did you happen to hear the Laura Branigan song?

You can buy a set of plug-n earphones for less than $5. They work adequately.

Thank you for getting back to me. I would think that You Tube is among the safest sites out there, in that it's probably the #2 way of consuming music, at this point! If it weren't, we would have heard about it by now. The only probable solution I have is to go to the library. They probably have headphones. You could also use the computer or smartphone of a friend or relative. How did you happen to hear the Laura Branigan song?
Radio, back when the song was popular.

Absolute Radio in the UK is playing Cash's "Hurt". I think that's that's the name of the track. Is anybody who posted on this thread three years ago still monitoring it?

Lately I've been listening to a lot of the Oak Ridge Boys during their days when member Steve Sanders was in the group (Why does that beautiful precious have to be gone already too?) and I earlier today learned that they did their own renditions of "You're My Soul And Inspiration" from the Righteous Brothers as well as "Walkin' After Midnight" from Patsy Cline.

God bless you and the remaining Oak Ridge guys always!!! I thank them so much for letting Steve have a moment in the spotlight...I love him so much!!!

Holly

Yet with Cash, his American Recordings stuff is among his most critically acclaimed music ever in his career.

But it was very raw, and his voice was shaky and ragged. If Cash were to get back on country radio then, that wasn't the way to do it. He would have had a hard time getting mainstream country airplay for material like that in the '70s or '80s.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom