• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Recording/Captioning Advice Needed

U

Unregistered

We have a Christian ministry which is in need of the correct advice/software/hardware to get some specific tasks done. Who else should I ask but those who do it day-to-day? Right? Right! So here are my needs:

1. Closed Captioning. Is there equipment/software we can buy which will create captions on a recordable DVD from a pre-recorded DVD without captions? Currently we send the DVD off to someone who does it manually!

2. Converting To MP-3. We have tons of audio CD's which we would like to convert to MP-3's then store them on a hard drive in appropriate file categories based on speaker, subject, event etc. I've played around a little with the free download programs on the internet but all seem to be incredibly complicated. All I want to do is put in the CD and the program then converts it and allows me to manually select into what file that converted MP-3 goes. I am not opposed to spending money on equipment/software to do this as we have probably 10+ years of CD's to convert.

Any advice will certainly be appreciated!!!

1. If the original DVD does not contain captioning, it must be encoded into the video manually.

2. Microsoft Media Player can convert CDs to MP3 files. If the computer is connected to the internet, it will even put the correct artists and titles on the MP3 files.

Hope this helps.
Frank

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom