• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Knock knock...who's there?

Elves.
Elves who?
Elves who just took over Warm 106.9 and Hubbard!

Merry Christmas Seattle. KRWM's facebook says they flipped at 2:00PM today, 11/21. LOADS of "yay"s and smiley faces on the comments.
Nothing in Yakima...yet!
I suppose KCMS will flip the day after Thanksgiving, with CHQM at the same time.

-crainbebo

Actually, CHQM got the jump on everybody this year, starting at 9am Friday morning 5 hours before KRWM.

KONA 105.3 Pasco flipped to Christmas yesterday as well. I suspect whenever someone in Yakima flips, it will probably be KARY 100.9. KRSE flipped to Classic Rock from Bob-FM and in 2013 had the holiday format for Yakima. KARY did in 2012, but holiday music does not belong on a brand new classic rock station like KRSE "The Hawk". So likely Cherry FM will take the Burl Ives, Bing Crosby and Andy Williams this year.
Those darn Canucks! I don't think I've ever seen QM-FM beating out Warm or any other holiday station in the Seattle metro for the holidays.

-crainbebo

Well, if you really want to get technical about who switched first. KING FM HD2 switched weeks ago to all Christmas classical music.

Not Seattle, but KARY-100.9 Yakima flipped to Christmas at the stroke of midnight Thanksgiving morning. They are classic hits usually.

-crainbebo

More flips
KCMS 105.3 (as usual) to "Christmas Spirit 105.3" this morning.
KWPZ 106.5 to Christmas this morning
KYPL 91.1 (Positive Life Radio) Yakima to Christmas at around 12AM this morning.

-crainbebo

Actually, KWPZ was playing Christmas music last night which I found interesting. I'll post some more observations later, I'm in town for the weekend.

Actually, they've been running Christmas music all weekend as part of a holiday shopping weekend. Meanwhile, I had KXXO on a bit yesterday coming back down here and they're back to regular programming. I also noticed that KPPK, the variety hits station in Longview is now all Christmas.

Last edited:
Actually, they've been running Christmas music all weekend as part of a holiday shopping weekend. Meanwhile, I had KXXO on a bit yesterday coming back down here and they're back to regular programming. I also noticed that KPPK, the variety hits station in Longview is now all Christmas.

Are they still sounding good down there?

KAFE took a complete flip this weekend to all Christmas. Must have been that "12 Days of Christmas" thing they do every year.
Been enjoying a few different X-Mas stations: KRWM, WQPW (Valdosta GA), KVNA (Flagstaff AZ) are a few examples.

-crainbebo

KAFE took a complete flip this weekend to all Christmas. Must have been that "12 Days of Christmas" thing they do every year.
Been enjoying a few different X-Mas stations: KRWM, WQPW (Valdosta GA), KVNA (Flagstaff AZ) are a few examples.

-crainbebo

KNDD is providing me an oasis from all of this christmas junk :D

On the topic of christmas music as a radio format, I find it really strange to see Warm and Spirit playing so many of the same songs. Maybe Spirit is leaning to artists that are actually christian contemporary? I have not listened long enough to be sure, and I don't know the first thing about christian contemporary music to begin with.

Last edited:
They do te to do that. I've liked Spirit better than warm for several years now. I think my favorite for te season will be the same one it has for the past 2 years, WTRV/Grand Rapids, MI.

They do te to do that. I've liked Spirit better than warm for several years now. I think my favorite for te season will be the same one it has for the past 2 years, WTRV/Grand Rapids, MI.

What kind of stuff do they usually play on Spirit when the Christmas season is over? I'm trying to remember if there is anyone on this board who listens to christian contemporary for enjoyment.

I'm not sure if there is anymore, I did for about 6 years though. Core artists of the format are Third Day, Newsboys, Chris Tomlin, and Mathew West. K-Love is very similar to KCMS the rest of the year.

I'm not sure if there is anymore, I did for about 6 years though. Core artists of the format are Third Day, Newsboys, Chris Tomlin, and Mathew West. K-Love is very similar to KCMS the rest of the year.

Interesting. They certainly have an... interesting... studio over there in Edmonds...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom