• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Queen Latifah Show cancelled

ShawnHill1

Star Participant
The Hollywood Reporter is reporting that "The Queen Latifah Show" will shut down production at the end of the calendar year, and will continue to air through the spring, at least on the CBS O&Os that carry her show.

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/qu...-202602153.html;_ylt=A0SO8zLowG9UHrAAnZVXNyoA

It's too bad though...I thought she and the show had its good moments, but at times, it got pretty disinteresting with some of the interviews and segments.

That is rather unfortunate. I have to admit, I didn't watch often (mostly because I'm not in the demo, nor am I usually at home in the timeslot in which it airs locally), but I've always liked her, and from the little I did see, she had a good thing going. She'll find success in another way, though. She's a highly talented person, she won't stay down for long.

It's interesting that Wendy Williams show is doing better and she is far less known between the two. I think Queen Latifah's show was like mixing Wendy Williams show and Ellen's show, mixing the urban personality with connections/interviews to Hollywood personalities. Unfortunately it didn't work in terms of getting high enough ratings.

I noticed in NY, Queen Latifah's clearance was at 9am on WCBS while The Doctors was cleared on just WLNY. It was likely too many daytime shows that The Doctors can just move to WCBS.

I do have to admit, Queen was like a mix of Wendy and Ellen, without the annoying "HOW YOU DOIN?!" Gosh I hate that.
Queen gave away quite a few trips to Hawaii and Mexico, etc. as well as some cash here and there for lucky audience members. Ellen does the same thing but she has a bigger budget - I've seen her giving away Hyundais, Chevys, $25,000, new homes, etc.
And Queen had some great celebrities on her show. She was enjoyable, but the story is: Ellen DeGeneres will be, most of the time, the #1 talk show. She's on her 12th season, 13th in September.

-crainbebo

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom