• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

New Clocks for Morning Edition

When Carl Kasell retired, Talk of the Nation did a tribute show and Bob Edwards came back to NPR for the show. The two of them talked about getting up at two a.m. and how tough it was.
And let's face it, nobody sheds tears for the writers, editors, producers and others who are not air-talent who actually do work all night so the golden throats can breeze, read words written by others and sound intelligent.

Getting this post back in track from the full-throated schoolyard fight...

I work an overnight shift at a commercial television station, so only get to listen periodically. I first noticed the change when the 4am (CT) national newscast didn't continue and they played a music bed until the national feed resumed (I think the local KUHF-Houston staff begins their day at 430).

Wondering if any other local stations do this with their clock, like KUHF:

:59 local traffic report + underwriting
:00 local billboard (usually features 1 national story promo).
:01 NPR News
:04 local news

Is it common practice to cover the national billboard with a local one?

Additionally, are stations given the option of reading the national funding credits locally during ME? KUHF does this daily.

Is it common practice to cover the national billboard with a local one?

Additionally, are stations given the option of reading the national funding credits locally during ME? KUHF does this daily.

Given the option? Let's put it this way: They are sent the full schedule of funding credits and the scripts in advance. They must run adjacent to the national programming.

Both news magazines have an opening, the hosts introduce themselves and one reads a quickie amusing story before the NPR TOH news. Stations are free to cover the whole thing or just the amusing story with local host intro and local headlines. No underwriting credits are done in this brief segment.

The unexpurgated network feed for NPR's newsmagazine shows is available online from KCRW News24. It's available on the station website or from Shoutcast, TuneIn, IHeartRadio and various other sites/apps.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom