• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

OLD SCHOOL 99.3/1010 Flips Formats......BOOM 99.3???

Following a trend of stations nationwide flipping to a classic Hip-Hop format, OLD SCHOOL 99.3/1010 jumps on the bandwagon. Not sure if this was a move to prevent or launch the format before Radio One may have did it first. No longer are the classic R&B oldies spinning. Instead the new playlist consist of Hip-Hop and a few R&B jamz from the late 80s, 90s and early to mid 2000s like Outkast, Slick Rick, Eminem, Dru Hill and Snoop Dog.

Also, sounds as if there is a new voice guy (sounds similar to sister station POWER 107.1/Macon) and many of the new drops don't mention the "Old School" branding, but instead just "99.3 and 1010." What makes this interesting is the fact that www.BOOM993.com was registered on 11/06/2014 by the exact information used to register STREETZ and OLD SCHOOL's websites. Not sure if the "BOOM" branding has been trademarked by Radio One.

"Atlanta's Home for Classic Hip-Hip and R&B, 99.3 and 1010"

Radio One could still do it easily going against those 2 signals.

The Power 107-1 voice guy is named Al Murdoch and is based in Canada.

Roddy, his voice reminds me of Pat Garret but it's perfect for an Urban station. Not sure if Radio One would give up any of it's signals consiering 102.9 and 97.5 both simulcast to help coverage on PRAISE and MAJIC. The way they've been flipping in both Dallas, Houston and Philly anything is possible. I must say this new format on 99.3/1010 is the Urban format ATL's been missing and I'm loving it!!! I wonder if the BOOM name will be used?

I guarantee you they went the wrong way. I at least liked the old songs. (oldies)

Following a trend of stations nationwide flipping to a classic Hip-Hop format, OLD SCHOOL 99.3/1010 jumps on the bandwagon. Not sure if this was a move to prevent or launch the format before Radio One may have did it first. No longer are the classic R&B oldies spinning. Instead the new playlist consist of Hip-Hop and a few R&B jamz from the late 80s, 90s and early to mid 2000s like Outkast, Slick Rick, Eminem, Dru Hill and Snoop Dog.

Also, sounds as if there is a new voice guy (sounds similar to sister station POWER 107.1/Macon) and many of the new drops don't mention the "Old School" branding, but instead just "99.3 and 1010." What makes this interesting is the fact that www.BOOM993.com was registered on 11/06/2014 by the exact information used to register STREETZ and OLD SCHOOL's websites. Not sure if the "BOOM" branding has been trademarked by Radio One.

"Atlanta's Home for Classic Hip-Hip and R&B, 99.3 and 1010"

I thought Old School was a good format but they just didn't market it well. I doubt they will market Boom well either.

What a shame. Don't we have enough hip-hop? You cannot tell me there isn't an audience for motown and classic soul and old school. Oh well...Sirius XM "The Groove" is where I'll get my fix.

Are you sure this is going to focus on classic hip hop? Seams to be focused on classic r&b and seems to be being compared to stations like Kiss...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom