• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

R.I.P. Jimmy Ruffin, 78

"What Becomes of the Broken Hearted" - a real classic, one of Motowns very best, always sounds great coming out of a break or an ID. Another nice song by Jimmy "Hold On To Your Love." The brother of David.

Thanks for the tunes.

rickity
www.gulchradio.com

"What Becomes of the Broken Hearted" - a real classic, one of Motowns very best, always sounds great coming out of a break or an ID. Another nice song by Jimmy "Hold On To Your Love." The brother of David.

Thanks for the tunes.

rickity
www.gulchradio.com

Jimmy outlived David by 23 years.

I always liked "I've Passed This Way Before".

RIP Jimmy. Say hello to David for us.

ixnay

That other Jimmy Ruffin hit was actually "Hold On To My Love." Robin Gibb (also now deceased) assisted him with that one, and that was in 1980, when the anti-Bee Gees backlash was starting to set in, and they couldn't buy a hit about that time, but still did well with writing and producing for other performers. "Hold On To My Love" was on the RSO label.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom