• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Imus in the Morning program

I was just wondering if Bernard McGuirk and Warner Wolf are broadcasting from the WABC studios. Are they calling it "NJ DIET.COM STUDIOS" because they are syndicated? Also, any particular reason why Imus is not on the final hour of the show? The rest of the group do pretty well w/o him there, but I could really do without a replay of the horrid "Blonde on Blonde" segment.

Yes, Bernard has been relegated to the radio studio since the Rutgers incident. I think Imus's health is not good and he is bailing out after the TV portion of the program is over.

If Imus can't make the decision to retire, WABC should do it for him. The New Year is a traditional time for programming changes. Without WABC there's not much left of the Imus show on radio. Maybe that would make it easier for him to let go.

If Imus can't make the decision to retire, WABC should do it for him. The New Year is a traditional time for programming changes. Without WABC there's not much left of the Imus show on radio. Maybe that would make it easier for him to let go.

First WABC has to find somebody to do morning drive who can generate buzz and draw an audience. Imus is not what he was but he still has more drawing power than any probable replacement. The only person who could possibly be a draw in AM drive for WABC would be Howard Stern, if they could get him back to terrestrial radio and if they were willing to pay enough. Both are huge ifs.

Njdiet.com studios

THE NJDIET.COM Studios are the 77 WABC Studios. NJDiet.com just bought the studio naming rights. So through out the day and news update etc is broadcasting from "The NJDiet.com Studios"

NJ Diet? Boy, WABC has really scrapped the bottom of the barrel.

OK, a weight loss program in competition with Nutri-System and Jenny Craig, both of which bought time on the station in the past. But talk about brand image. What comes to mind when year hear "New Jersey?" Chris Christie! What comes to mind when you think of "Chris Christie?" FAT!

I suppose it's just as well Bain Channel moved El Rushbo to WOR. He used to come back to New York occasionally and do his show from WABC. Can you imagine Rush The Hutt, live from the NJ Diet studios?

Another strange: Their website suggests the weight loss plan primarily targets women. The audience for right-wing talk is mostly older men.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom