• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The CMA Awards

Not really about radio, but about the music.

It took me about an hour and a half to watch the three-hour show. I only saw a handful of performances.

I had my doubts about The Band Perry but they did a worthy version of Glen Campbell's "Gentle on My Mind". I nearly skipped it because of all the synthesizer at the beginning.

I immediately liked Kacey Musgraves' performance of Loretta Lynn's classic song, mainly because the instrumentals were so authentic. What must young people who think country music sounds a certain way have thought of that? It was nice to see Loretta too.

And Kacey won an award!

George Strait is still good.

The Vince Gill tribute was nice and reminded me of when this show was much better.

I wasn't going to miss The Doobie Brothers but neither of those songs was country and Jennifer Nettles and Lady Antebellum and the others didn't add to the performance. The only song I know of that they did which was actually country was "Black Water" and I was surprised they didn't do it. Had they done the two songs themselves I would have been happy with both of them.

How many times did Carrie change?

We know she can do country ("Quarantine" and "When I Call Your Name"). She just chooses not to.

To me, whoever voted for that "Follow Your Arrow" song as Song of the Year may as well be encouraging the world to do whatever it is that you want to whether it is good or bad, right or wrong, etc. What a lovely piece of advice! (rolling my eyes instead of a joint)

God bless you and those who sing real country music always!!!

Holly

Not really about radio, but about the music.

It's about radio in that the music featured gets played on the radio.

FYI the synthesizer open to Gentle is only done live, not on the recorded version. It's in the Top 40 now.

The Loretta performance was a surprise, not previously announced in any press release.

They didn't do Black Water because: They needed a tempo song for the closer. They knew the Doobies would be the all-star closing song. The second song was because they ran short.

Reports say Carrie changed 12 times. New dress for each appearance. Barbara Mandrell used to do the same thing.

If its about radio then how come the song that won "follow your arrow" never even made the top 40 on the billboard country airplay chart.

You present the exception, and claim it as the rule?

It's Song of the Year, not Single. The other categories are all radio favorites. If we are to interpret this one award as a trend, we need more examples.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom