• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

New PD announced for KTFM and Jack

saradio1

Star Participant
From FMQB-Pat Cerullo joins Alpha Media San Antonio as Program Director of Top 40 94.1 KTFM and Adult Hits 102.7 JACK-FM. Pat’s previous stints include time with Beasley Broadcasting Philadelphia,CBS Radio Detroit and iHeartMediaWashington, DC.

Read more-
http://www.fmqb.com/article.asp?id=2857048

Here's looking for big things to happen at KTFM and Jack!

Last edited:
Look forward to hearing KTFM get better, one improvement I would think of would be to slow the music to normal speeds. But it's up to them.

Look forward to hearing KTFM get better, one improvement I would think of would be to slow the music to normal speeds. But it's up to them.

I never knew KTFM sped up the music. To me, the speed sounds normal.

What I would like to see is:
New Imaging
Expanded playlist with throwbacks from the 90's to 00's.
Focus on EDM tracks
Add more mixshows
New website
Add to their current on air team
Last but not least, move KTFM back to 102.7. KTFM's competitors are at or near 100,000 watts signals. Time to level the playing field.

Last edited:
KTFM 94.1 comes in just about as well as 102.7 where I am, but I do agree - I guess the 100,000 watts downtown throws a better signal over SA than the 40,000 of KTFM does, from south of town right?

Also, the online stream quality could be improved some.

Heading west (and a little north) on I-10 out of downtown, KTFM 94.1's citygrade signal contour goes to about 1604. The 60 dBu goes a tad farther. However, Kendall and Comal Counties fall entirely outside of its citygrade signal contour (and the 60 dBu for that matter). Good car radios and home stereos with decent antennas should be able to hold onto it to about Boerne, New Braunfels and Seguin, but portables won't get a very listenable signal that far.

As much as those of us who remember San Antonio radio the way it used to be would love to see KTFM back at 102.7, I don't expect it will happen. From what I've been told, Jack outbills KTFM and has very little overhead. It's practically a license to print money.

OK, a very small fraction of Comal County is in 94.1's 60 dBu contour, but it's miniscule.

As much as those of us who remember San Antonio radio the way it used to be would love to see KTFM back at 102.7, I don't expect it will happen. From what I've been told, Jack outbills KTFM and has very little overhead. It's practically a license to print money.[/QUOTE]

I know that was true a few years ago, but that still hold true today? Granted, it does cost more to run KTFM but that's all reason why it should be signal.

The 12+ ratings of the two are still pretty close, but Jack does far better in the 25-54 demos. So, that should still hold true. Moving your highest biller makes no sense. Operating cost alone isn't a good business reason to move to a better stick. Besides, if that were the case, KTSA would be the station to put at 102.7!

Latest chatter, KTFM will be leaning towards Hip Hop....Yayyy! Just what SA needed, another station playing Hip Hop. :/

Last edited:
Time to bust out Spotify, LOL.
Or get one of the new LPFMs that may soon be starting up to run EDM-based top 40? The sad part is, SA doesn't have that many applications.

Time to bust out Spotify, LOL.
Or get one of the new LPFMs that may soon be starting up to run EDM-based top 40? The sad part is, SA doesn't have that many applications.

The problem with KTFM is that they have several ex personel from the now defunct Power 106.7.

Besides, the morning show and Tony Cortez, the rest of the air staff lacks energy.

Positive changes are finally happening at KTFM. First- the playlist is slowly expanding. Second- KTFM now mixes from 10pm til 4am on Friday's and 7pm till 6am Saturday's.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom