• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Nash Icon

ScottBurns

Star Participant
With news of WORC becoming a Nash Icon affiliate, does anyone think that Hot 106 might be next? Providence already has an established Country station, and perhaps instead of another New Country outlet, Hot 106 could be a 90s-to-now Nash Icon station. Then again, perhaps Cumulus likes Hot as a flank for 92 Pro-FM.

With news of WORC becoming a Nash Icon affiliate, does anyone think that Hot 106 might be next? Providence already has an established Country station, and perhaps instead of another New Country outlet, Hot 106 could be a 90s-to-now Nash Icon station. Then again, perhaps Cumulus likes Hot as a flank for 92 Pro-FM.

Not 106, but am thinking 99.7.

With the big companies down on AM signals, I really don't think that Cumulus would choose to drop the WPRO simulcast. Putting WPRO on 106.3 would involve a great deal of overlap, and wouldn't help any night-time signal problems in South County. In addition, I would think that 106.3 signal strength - Northern Rhode Island - is more populated and probably has more Country fans than 99.7's signal strength - South County.

I would think the opposite & that it'd be popular out in the greater Westerly area & all throughout the western edge of the state but 106 is the only Churban in the market & I imagine does well with younger listeners & in the city proper.

The problem with Westerly is that there is a great deal of Country competition from the New London stations. WCTY has an excellent signal in Westerly, and 104.7 WELJ just flipped to Nash. Moreover, there is the commercial-free translator on 99.5. I am not sure how well it reaches Westerly, if at all. Finally, WCTK has a passable signal there.

So 99.7 & 104.7 could be branded together. Plus, 98.1 isn't invincible. As for 106, it serves to flank 92.

There's not a great deal of signal overlap between 99.7 and 104.7. Radio Locator's maps overstate WELJ's coverage in RI. In fact, in Wakefield and Narragansett, the Cape's 104.7 (WOCN) easily overtakes WELJ.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom