• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Spirit 105.3 - The X-Mas Tease

How many years have they done this on 10/31? Today's playlist highlights...

12:39PM - "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas" Michael Buble
1:31PM - "Sleigh Ride" Harry Connick Jr.
2:32PM - "White Christmas" Clyde McPhatter
3:55PM - "Winter Wonderland" Amy Grant

-crainbebo

How many years have they done this on 10/31? Today's playlist highlights...

12:39PM - "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas" Michael Buble
1:31PM - "Sleigh Ride" Harry Connick Jr.
2:32PM - "White Christmas" Clyde McPhatter
3:55PM - "Winter Wonderland" Amy Grant

-crainbebo

I guess it's because not many religious singers make Halloween records (unless its to scare religious parents about it.)

Well, let's see. They started this when I was in 8th grade, and I'm 2 years out of high school now, that's got to be 7 years, although there was one year they didn't do it.

"Crista: Teasing You Since 2007!"
I think KRWM began their "All-Christmas" stuff around 2001 after the 9/11 attacks - I've heard many ACs went to all Christmas during December that year due to the after effects of the 9/11 attacks...they needed peace and joy, not just more news about missing people at WTC and threats of terrorism. And every year since it's been earlier and earlier. I bet you Warm 106.9 will begin Christmas on November 14th or 21st.

-crainbebo

KCMS gets a nice bump every year (usually 2-3 points.) KRWM usually begins their Holiday format the Friday before Thanksgiving (in 2010, they began a week earlier than that when KJR-FM started a Holiday format prior to launching into their "Oldies 95.7" phase.) But since Thanksgiving is later this year, they could start on the 14th. We'll see.

Apparently people down here have been asking KKCW when they're going to start, so this morning they started a contest. Correctly predict when we make the flip and get $500. I call the day after Thanksgiving.

Most AC's seem to flip to some sort of all christmas format for the holidays. I've heard that christmas programming is beneficial to the cume, but not to much long standing listeners. Hopefully KPLZ sticks with their usual format to provide some contrast to KWRM.

Last edited:
Apparently people down here have been asking KKCW when they're going to start, so this morning they started a contest. Correctly predict when we make the flip and get $500. I call the day after Thanksgiving.

I would imagine if they're already getting people begging for the Christmas format, I'd say sooner than later. After all, aren't two spectacular ratings months better than one?

Ah, yes. Who remembers Carman's "A Witches Invitation?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYegOwzLb3A

Oh yeah, that's one. There was another far-out guy named Mike Warnke who made a few million being neurotic about the devil. He actually made books, videotapes and records about him being some high end Satanic priest before he found Jesus. Those records make great "I Can't Believe They Actually Made That" tracks for any Halloween show.

Attachments

• halloween christian.jpg
    halloween christian.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 7
Ah, yes. Who remembers Carman's "A Witches Invitation?"

I don't remember that one... but it sounds like something Carman would do. ;)

ActionExpress... Over in another thread, I posted a WEBsite I'd like you to check out. I also cannot send you a private message.

Please check out this site, and give me your opinion. :)

www.wphafm.org

You'll find my contact information there. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom