• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Thirty in A Row - Mix 92-9

Congratulations to the Mix team for an amazing thirty #1 books in a row in Nashville! Gotta give credit where credit is due. Consistent books, but quite an evolution in music over the past two and a half years. The more things change, the more the ratings stay the same!

I thought this was going to be about the number of songs played uninterrupted.

I'm just glad I'm not stuck living in a place like Nashville. Well, there is classic country ...

They do the 30+/- songs in a row at 9A, too. Who cares about that. Yeah, a Music City disser? NOT truly possible.
I have to hear that brilliant analysis. Bring it on!

If it works, don't go changing it, or for Southern Folks "If it ain't broke, don't go trying to fix it".

certainly worthy of note.but why has no one ever tried to compete with MIX ?? Doesn't anyone else have a copy of Rupert ??

Sadly, Rupert has been parked. Heartbreaking and game changing.

The old theory of "it costs to much to compete, change formats and invest money in something that may not get that much better ratings results than the current format" on top of the "we have to have a country station in Music City" is the combination that has landlocked formats for half a decade or more. It would take a great signal on a 100kw station to go after Mix, so that knocks out a lot of stations.

Plus, dang Mix is so entrenched, it would be a one-sided battle that would probably get someone fired for even suggesting the idea!

We knew Vchimpanzee was on his game and not dissing the city. Now, Music City radio would be perfect with the Rupert Romer Radio 24/7. You can't have everything, right? Or can you?

Why are you men so obsessed with this "Escape" song from Rupert Homes. Do you think it is still number one on the Adult Contemporary Charts, and the song is about 34 years old? Some of the comments made is that you are NOT listening to Mix 92.9, and that song does not gear to the primary demographic that WJXA is after, which is women 25-45.

Why are you men so obsessed with this "Escape" song from Rupert Homes. Do you think it is still number one on the Adult Contemporary Charts, and the song is about 34 years old? Some of the comments made is that you are NOT listening to Mix 92.9, and that song does not gear to the primary demographic that WJXA is after, which is women 25-45.

might I suggest you Google "humor"? it's only a long-running joke...nothing more than that.

Rebel Rouser has only had 8 posts, so maybe we should give him a hall pass. MIX 92-9 was built on Rupert. The song tested great for three decades. The most highly-decorated, longest running, top rated air personality on Nashville radio, Bryan Sargent has literally fallen to his knees in tears when he got to play this song. Ok, maybe that last fact about the knees is not true, but the rest of that sentence is. Truth be told, we all felt comfortable knowing the changing city had one constant - Rupert. And anyone that knows him, knows he is a good guy and talented artist. Us men don't really matter to Mix's music mix. We get that. Doesn't mean we can't respect a stations success and have a little FUN at the same time. In a sentence, "we are not tired of that lady..."

might I suggest you Google "humor"? it's only a long-running joke...nothing more than that.
Rebel Rouser has only had 8 posts, so maybe we should give him a hall pass.
This "rabble rouser" cretin is nothing but a troll. Rabble rouser apparently created an account here SPECIFICALLY to bash me. Go into rabble rouser's profile and read past messages if you don't believe me. Rabble rouser might lie about that, but rabble rouser's profile won't lie. Rabble rouser apparently wanted to chase me away from this board, then after doing so, pulled up three-year-old messages from me to attack. Rabble rouser claims that I do not have a life, but then rabble rouser pulls up ancient messages to attack. Rabble rouser claims that this board is nothing but "rumor," and apparently a waste of his time, YET HE KEEPS POSTING HERE! Hypocrisy, thy name is "rabble rouser." Certainly picked the perfect name for himself, did he not?

Since he only wants facts, I will give him one. "Rabble-rouser" is a troll.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

This "rabble rouser" cretin is nothing but a troll. Rabble rouser apparently created an account here SPECIFICALLY to bash me. Go into rabble rouser's profile and read past messages if you don't believe me. Rabble rouser might lie about that, but rabble rouser's profile won't lie. Rabble rouser apparently wanted to chase me away from this board, then after doing so, pulled up three-year-old messages from me to attack. Rabble rouser claims that I do not have a life, but then rabble rouser pulls up ancient messages to attack. Rabble rouser claims that this board is nothing but "rumor," and apparently a waste of his time, YET HE KEEPS POSTING HERE! Hypocrisy, thy name is "rabble rouser." Certainly picked the perfect name for himself, did he not?

Since he only wants facts, I will give him one. "Rabble-rouser" is a troll.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

You're so funny, Firepoint, you have posted the same thing on another thread.

WJXA plays 30 in a row? I guess they can afford it, being staffed 24/7 and making money. They are the only AC in town.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom