• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Best Halloween songs

On the candy topic vchimp mentioned, there's also "I Want Candy" by the Strangeloves (or the remake by Bow Wow Wow), "Candy Girl" by the Four Seasons

I Want Candy by The Strangeloves does qualify as a Halloween song because that is what trick or treaters actually say when they come to your door (although there may be no trick or treating this year because of Covid 19). But it also has the line "sets the summer sun on fire" which makes you think more about summer than fall.

But Candy Girl by Frankie Valli and TFS is definitely NOT a Halloween song in any way.

"Dark Lady" - Cher
"Elvira" - The Oak Ridge Boys (OK, that's a stretch, but...)
(Psychos and killers...)"Maxwell's Silver Hammer" - The Beatles

Dark Lady definitely is a Halloween song. It's one of those songs that some people can't stand and you can see why, but I personally have always liked it. Those were the kind of songs that Cher sang, and as long as I'm in the right mood to listen to it, I will. The world's greatest DJ Rockin' Ron Sedaille, who now has his own Internet radio station called Fun Tower Radio, used to do an all request show with jingles every Saturday night on the old DRC-FM out of Hartford. In the year 2009, Halloween fell on a Saturday night and someone called in to his show and requested Dark Lady. It was a great song to hear on that night.

Elvira by The Oak Ridge Boys is a stretch though, and actually is not a Halloween song in my opinion. Great song, but not a Halloween song. That isn't really the Elvira that the song is referencing.

And neither is Maxwell's Silver Hammer. It's probably my favorite song on Abbey Road, but makes no references at all to the holiday.

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Bad Moon Rising, I Put A Spell On You

I do like both versions of I Put a Spell On You, but slightly prefer Creedence Clearwater Revival's version. If a radio station is going to play just one of the two though on Halloween, it will usually be Screaming Jay Hawkins' version.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom