• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

LITE 106.9 wins the Christmas music poll this year.

100.5 is making a slight dig at 106.9 (at least on their Facebook page) with a cover photo on their profile they posted a few hours ago advertising "Halloween Without the Jingle Bells":

https://www.facebook.com/myfmlouisv...41936688022/10152871876088023/?type=1&theater

I have a feeling that means they'll be Christmas music free for at least the next 33 hours. Beyond that? Who knows.

Edit: Somebody asked them about the Christmas music. They're claiming on their Facebook page that they may "sprinkle in a few Christmas songs," but will only do it after Thanksgiving... we'll see about that, I suppose.

Last edited:
Yeah I am sure that is a tease... They would have better ratings with the christmas music.

Waiting for 94.5 to flip to Christmas music tomorrow or Saturday. I dont think KISS will ever beat them to it.

I know that this isn't going to be a popular opinion around here, but maybe since Delilah is "homeless" in Louisville again, this is a good time for her to return to Lite 106.9. Things have changed at the station since she was dumped and her show has also changed since she was dumped. Just like Lite 106.9 itself, she has abandoned a lot (though not completely) of the "soft rock oldies" and moved into more recent adult contemporary shortly after Lite 106.9 dumped her (although ironically, Louie and Easy Rock both had to modify her show to throw OUT some of those newer AC songs and replace them with their own soft rock oldies). But now is a particularly good time since her show reaches peak popularity around Christmas, something that even she openly admits. If I'm not mistaken, the Christmas version of her show starts Monday.

Also, when did Lite 106.9 drop the "point" and just become "Lite 1069" on air?

A little while back I noticed that WVEZ changed from saying "80's,90's and Now - Lite 106.9" to "Today's Lite 1069"
I think it's about time to retire the "Lite" name.It's been on 106.9 for at least 20 years now and other stations around the country are dropping that name left and right.I wouldn't be surprised if 100.5 started using the "My" name so that 106.9 couldn't use it.

Yeah I am sure that is a tease... They would have better ratings with the christmas music.

Waiting for 94.5 to flip to Christmas music tomorrow or Saturday. I dont think KISS will ever beat them to it.
I'm wondering if Kiss will even flip this year with their "fresh, new sound" and slightly-different name and branding!

It looks like "Mix Mas" made it's way to Lexington last night, yet 100.5 in Louisville is still playing their usual stuff, like that Katy Perry and Juicy J song that is sort of like the MyFM Anthem. Haven't both stations usually made the flip at pretty much the same time in previous years?

I think it is safe to say that summit media stole Christmas back from iheart media. Cox never should have stopped it in the first place. Now summit media needs to get rid of the lite and rebrand themselves mix 1069 the right mix right now. Isn't it ironic almost ten years later iheart media cant figure out what to do with 100.5? Serves them right had they left the fox there they be doing fine right now. I couldn't stand louie but enjoyed genx but that station lost its way. I loved hearing the old rick dees countdown and all the commercials from back then and him doing contests and him saying send a postcard to win...

How about a country station? We have too many here in Lexington. Hopefully it will be Christmas music so on Dec 26 it can be the FOX again.

Not sure if Kiss 96.9 will flip to Christmas music or not. Some years they play all Christmas and some years they throw it into the their regular music.

Maybe they should put 93.9 back on the air now and air Christmas music to stunt until they're ready to go sports. It would give them an opportunity to bring attention to radio tuners that something still exists there before they relaunch and an opportunity to make sure everything is ready to go for the real format goes on.

100.5 is still "normal" (or as normal as they're going to get) and they even keep going out of their way to promote on-air that they're not going to go Christmas music. At this point, I'd either say they're serious or everybody at the station really believes that is the plan, and is COMPLETELY oblivious to the fact that corporate is going to jump in at any day and throw Christmas music on (and throw out whatever local staff is there, which I don't think is much) before a format change. I don't think the latter seems too far fetched.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom