• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

SD Arbitrons Out - Who Woulda Thunk?

sweetbabylee

Regular Participant
Never seen a Non-Commercial Public Radio reach the top. That is so cool. KPBS sounds THAT good as well. The other talkers may want to re-think the constant bombardment of talking down to people and the dumbing down of content is the right way to go. Possibly KOGO's recent addition to more news will help them... Maybe not.

Ratings here: http://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb063

And KIFM proved there is still an audience for a pure Soft Rock station. Looks like KYXY drove a good part of their audiance away over time and failed to make a dent with Star.

And KIFM proved there is still an audience for a pure Soft Rock station. Looks like KYXY drove a good part of their audiance away over time and failed to make a dent with Star.

I guess the question is how does KYXY do in its target demo and are they making money? They have been stagnant for over 15 years, other than bringing in J&J and bumping a good morning show to afternoons.

As for KPBS: I'd say that they are doing well because if you are an actual adult not into looooong commercial breaks, DJ's who all feel the need to fed us celebrity dirt, and you're not into music targeted at 20-year-olds, then KPBS is just about your only alternative on traditonal radio. I know that when I'm in a car that doesn't have Sirius/XM, I listen to KPBS. My wife no longer has a car with satellite radio installed and now she listens to KPBS, even though her politics are decidedly un-liberal and she's not someone you'd ever peg as a PBS listener and I'm sure she'd never imagined herself as a PBS listener.

What's the deal with KPRI ??? Shows at the bottom as "N/A"

I checked other ratings web pages; only AllAccess.com shows KPRI with a 1.7 share - their cume is not listed.

BTW, this shows a drop in share for this station from a recent high of 2.6 in May 2014.

Last edited:
A couple of years ago, they suddenly appeared in the Top 10. Then they started dropping again. Some stations are fairly consistent in the ratings but KPRI is all over the place. Then again, WXRT Chicago, also a AAA station, does the same. I suppose they have a good target audience, 35 to 50, with good incomes.

A couple of years ago, they suddenly appeared in the Top 10. Then they started dropping again. Some stations are fairly consistent in the ratings but KPRI is all over the place. Then again, WXRT Chicago, also a AAA station, does the same. I suppose they have a good target audience, 35 to 50, with good incomes.

IIRC, KPRI jumped up a bit when the stations on 102.9 and 102.1 negotiated a mutual interference pact with the 102.5 station in Tijuana. KPRI and KLQV were able to upgrade their facilities, with KPRI moving much closer to the market's center of population.

At that point, they achieved reasonable signal parity. The rest is programming and competitive moves.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom