• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Central Cal. Mapleton Stations Sold

Carmine5

Star Participant
KPYG/FM, Cayucos and San Luis Obispo, CA, rock, blues, folk, country
KXTZ/FM, Pismo Beach, CA, 93.5 The Beach, classic rock
KXDZ/FM, Templeton, CA, 100.5 The Beach, classic rock
KWWV/FM, Santa Margarita CA, Wild 106, top 40 hit music
KYNS/ 1340 AM-San Luis Obispo, CA, soft adult contemporary

These were sold to Dimes Media of Camarillo, CA. Dimes is controlled by the Buckley Broadcasting family.

http://pasoroblesdailynews.com/major-slo-county-radio-stations-sold/27570/

The BIG news is the price. And the Price was Right at just One Million for the entire bunch. That's $ 200,000 per station. A regular Fire Sale.

The BIG news is the price. And the Price was Right at just One Million for the entire bunch. That's $ 200,000 per station. A regular Fire Sale.

Wow, that's beyond fire sale, it's stealing! I remember when Mapleton bought KWWV from Salisbury Radio in 2006. They paid 2M just for the one station. SLO County radio has really devalued since then.

Wow, that's beyond fire sale, it's stealing! I remember when Mapleton bought KWWV from Salisbury Radio in 2006. They paid 2M just for the one station. SLO County radio has really devalued since then.

I was thinking the same thing. You could sell off all the parts and get your money back and then some. Sad :(

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom