• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

‘Here Comes Honey Boo Boo’ Future in Doubt Following TMZ Report

TLC is “reassessing” the future of reality hit “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo” following a TMZ report alleging that the mother of the girl at the center of the show is romantically linked to a convicted child molester.

In a statement, TLC said: “TLC is not currently in production on ‘Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.’ We are very concerned about this new information and are reassessing the future of the series.”

June Shannon, mother of former child beauty pageant contender Alana Thompson who is at the center of the show, is alleged to be dating a man convicted of child molestation involving a relative of Shannon’s who was eight years old at the time of the incident. The man was recently released from prison and is a registered sex offender in Georgia, according to TMZ.

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/her...ure-in-doubt-following-tmz-report-1201337322/

No more chance of accidentally landing on "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" while surfing?

Hurray!

If something like this helps get this show and other similar dreck off the air for good...I say good riddance.

One problem with this situation: Its one of TLC's top-rated programs. Even if its dropped from the network there'll be others "Toddlers & Tiaras" spin-offs and sequels waiting in the wings.

It looks like TLC just cut the cord from it's popular cash cow but at the same time saved them from further controversy so they will recover from this latest mess. Unfortunately one gets the feeling they're not going to go away even with the allegations that June Shannon is claiming are false. if there is one person to blame for this, it's not Alana Thompson.

Should never have been on the air in the 1st place....Boo Boo needs a good spank across her fat ass the way she comes across at times (NO I was not a regular viewer of the show thank you)

It's sad that TLC had no problem with the show before. This is what crossed the line? I think that line was crossed the second they aired the first episode.

Having never seen one full broadcasted episode and only know of the show via clip variety send ups on The Soup I can say without nary a hint of hyperbole that...

Nothing of value was lost.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom