• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

What ever happened to KYAF and KAAX ????

Has anyone heard if KYAF 94.7 or KAAX 95.1 / 106.9 have returned to the air ? I see that KAAX has filed to move to a site on top of a one story office building in downtown Avenal. Looks like the FCC has it on the blocked list. Is KYAF still off the air or has it moved to Clovis?

Has anyone heard if KYAF 94.7 or KAAX 95.1 / 106.9 have returned to the air ? I see that KAAX has filed to move to a site on top of a one story office building in downtown Avenal. Looks like the FCC has it on the blocked list. Is KYAF still off the air or has it moved to Clovis?

i Heard KYAF on ONCE about 2 yrs ago when conditions happened to bring it for a brief few minutes here 45 miles away. I see "Mrs. Chris Edwards" has gotten construct permit for LPFM in Hanford town. KYAF moving to Clovis?? Don't think that was ever a possibility.

KYAF is ON Air awaiting FCC power upgrade. and KAAX has approved the freq move to 106.9 however is in Negotiation with Gropetti Group owner of KJUG as KJUG want to move xmtr to ground site in Tulare w/ class B Gropetti is paying to move KAAX to 101.7 should be on Nov 1:cool:

Why would KJUG move to the valley floor when they just built a new site for 106.7 and 104.9 below Blue Ridge?
KYAF is ON Air awaiting FCC power upgrade. and KAAX has approved the freq move to 106.9 however is in Negotiation with Gropetti Group owner of KJUG as KJUG want to move xmtr to ground site in Tulare w/ class B Gropetti is paying to move KAAX to 101.7 should be on Nov 1:cool:

I have seen nothing filed on KJUG moving to the valley floor. The new site they have for it and 104.9 is great.

In the 80s 104.9 was COL to Lemoore as KQYZ before going dark and then reassigned to Tipton in the 90s. When it first went on the air as a Tipton COL- around '97? - it was the "I Heard It Through The Grapevine" station- playing that tune continuously for OVER A YEAR! Then was bought by the KJUG folks.

In the 80s 104.9 was COL to Lemoore as KQYZ before going dark and then reassigned to Tipton in the 90s. When it first went on the air as a Tipton COL- around '97? - it was the "I Heard It Through The Grapevine" station- playing that tune continuously for OVER A YEAR! Then was bought by the KJUG folks.
before KQYZ went dark there was a AM license 1320 am for lemoore I wonder what happened to that license

before KQYZ went dark there was a AM license 1320 am for lemoore I wonder what happened to that license

KLAN 1320 signed on first in '61, give or take a year. It was always a daytimer. It went off air around '85. I remember them trying a syndie talk format just before pulling the plug. I kinda think KLAN was the licensee of the original Lemoore 104.9 KQYZ that also went dark.

KLAN 1320 signed on first in '61, give or take a year. It was always a daytimer. It went off air around '85. I remember them trying a syndie talk format just before pulling the plug. I kinda think KLAN was the licensee of the original Lemoore 104.9 KQYZ that also went dark.
I worked at the FM,I played oldies that was shortly before they went off the air, I still think their has to be a am license for for 1320 floating around someplace hi hi

oh I don't think there is. I can't say that I know how the FCC works lol but I doubt there is any claim or allocation for a 1320 in the central valley. A few years ago someone was going to put something on 1330 in Farmersville, but that seems to have dried up, ss far as I know. - lol- but people that actually ARE engineers and work in the industry have a lot more info than I do as just somebody that has been DXing for 50 yrs. We should QSO 40 meters sometime.

either mining corp. filed for the 1320 in farmersville several years ago but droped it. they did get one in the 1300's in santa maria, forget the exact freq. as they changed it a couple of times.

Hi Guys!! KLAN went dark after a raid by the IRS... The Transmitter location is still there but someone unbolted an took the antennas years ago. 1320 is up for grabbs if anyone is interested it was a 2 tower directional 5kw day 1 kw night. I would be interested in applying for it if anyone was interested in being an investor operator with my group

Hi Guys!! KLAN went dark after a raid by the IRS... The Transmitter location is still there but someone unbolted an took the antennas years ago. 1320 is up for grabbs if anyone is interested it was a 2 tower directional 5kw day 1 kw night. I would be interested in applying for it if anyone was interested in being an investor operator with my group

well, I don't doubt the location is still there lol probly is a
cow pasture or cotton field - no antennas but ya it is still there lol
It was never on air with 5kw/1kw nite - the last time KLAN signed off they were 1kw daytimer

wrong my friend it was a 5kw da2 day and 1kw night. I welcome you to visit me and discuss after we get the station built in Jan 15 just call the kfun/koad office its on the website www.kfunradio.com

It looks like the 1320 in Leemore's last call letters were KQIQ-AM. They were 1kw according to the FCC records and they shut down around 08/14/1990. I have sent an email to the former owner to ask about the technical parameters. The transmitter was located south of Hanford at the NE corner of 13 Ave and Iona Ave

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom