• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Why have all the posts been removed?

There's a new "TV Schedules" forum under "National Television Topics" that the TV Guide listings have been moved to.

Someone got their undergarments in a tangle over the retro schedules, an argument ensued...yada yada yada...a new page was created. I've been coming to this page for years and it was never a problem and part of the theme of classic TV. But I'll just go over to that page now.

Now that I see what has happened I can say that I'm about 50/50. They may have cluttered up the board and pushed "think topics" from the front page, but yada yada yada. We'll just have to live with it.

It doesn't appear to have inhibited people from launching new threads for old TV Guide lists.

It's good to have the "think topics" back and getting replies for real discussions. As I said in another thread in a different forum, I think it would have been equally effective to simply ask the people who wanted to post lists of shows from old TV Guides to post them as replies in a single thread instead of all the work involved in making a new forum and moving old threads. But what matters most is that the folks who want to just read lists of TV shows have a place to post and read them, and the people who want to discuss Classic TV can discuss classic TV.

I don't have strong feelings either way, but I must say some of my favorite discussions have started from someone's observation about a RETRO TV schedule.

I don't have strong feelings either way, but I must say some of my favorite discussions have started from someone's observation about a RETRO TV schedule.

I'm very curious about which lists of shows that was. Out of the over 70 threads full of lists from old TV Guides, only 1 of them had 10 replies. A few had 9. Most had between none and 4. Which of the lists from old TV Guides were your favorite discussions?

And, since no one has commented on this, would those favorite discussions not happened if there would have simply been one thread with individual posts for each TV Guide list reprint?

I'm very curious about which lists of shows that was. Out of the over 70 threads full of lists from old TV Guides, only 1 of them had 10 replies. A few had 9. Most had between none and 4. Which of the lists from old TV Guides were your favorite discussions?

And, since no one has commented on this, would those favorite discussions not happened if there would have simply been one thread with individual posts for each TV Guide list reprint?

Did you take notes on every thread in this category? It was one big, happy, geeky family until you came along. I still can't figure out why you've made such a fuss about someone posting old TV guide schedules.

Did you take notes on every thread in this category? It was one big, happy, geeky family until you came along. I still can't figure out why you've made such a fuss about someone posting old TV guide schedules.

I guess that's because you didn't read the posts explaining why. There's really nothing anyone needs to "figure out". I explained it very clearly. Several people even agreed with me. And, there was no fuss made about posting old TV guide schedules in the first place. The fuss was about giving each of the schedules it's own separate thread. Had each list been a reply in a single thread, there would have been no fuss at all. What I can't figure out is why you can't manage to answer a simple, clearly worded question, "would those favorite discussions not happened if there would have simply been one thread with individual posts for each TV Guide list reprint?" I guess if you can't figure out from clearly, plained worded posts why a fuss was made, then answering such a simply, easy question is also too much for you to handle.

However, no notes needed to be taken. All anyone had to do was look at all of the threads and notice that most had between 0 and 5 replies. That's hardly a sign of a BIG family.

Since the TV schedules were separated to a different forum, I've noticed that at the present time there are 5565 threads in the TV Schedules forum vs. 9473 threads remaining n the Classic TV forum, which still includes moved notices for now. So that means over half of the threads were retro schedules and I do think that justifies a separate forum. I do look at the retro schedules and I had suggested a separate forum for them in the past, but the previous owners never did anything with it.

On the other hand lumping all the TV Guide schedules into one thread would just make one ongoing thread that would continually be toward the top of the forum and be difficult to separate the ones that do have some discussion. Even if some threads don't have any discussion, so what? There are other threads in other forums with little or no discussion and they aren't lumped together, so I don't see why it should be necessary to lump the TV Guide threads together.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom