• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

"Nashville", the ABC TV series

vchimpanzee

Walk of Fame Participant
On one of the threads about country songs that don't sound country or just sound bad, someone commented that anything on "Nashville" is bad. I'm not sure I'd agree, but many of the songs played on that show these days don't meet my standards. When the show began everything sounded good to me.

Anything acoustic by the Stella sisters sounds good, and Scarlett does music that sounds "real".

I can't stand Luke Wheeler either as a performer or a person.

They switched music directors last year. Buddy Miller is an Americana artist who's been in charge of the music. He's more of a roots guy.

They switched music directors last year. Buddy Miller is an Americana artist who's been in charge of the music. He's more of a roots guy.
The music doesn't sound more like "roots" music. It sounds more like CHR.

I guess it was T-Bone Burnett that did things the way I like but with that name, you'd think he'd be more of a roots guy.

This week Will Lexington's wife performed. I didn't like the song. He said something about feelings and that may have been the problem. It was probably not country but folk. My feelings on folk depend on the exact style, but in general if it's a woman and the song is emotional, I'm not going to like it.

This is ironic. Christina Aguilera is guest starring over the next several weeks as a pop star who wants to go country. Before her desire to go country is ever mentioned, the first song she performs on the show as part of her character's concert is one that sounds every bit as country as a lot of what gets played on country radio today. You couldn't tell me it wasn't country unless those other songs aren't. And if toned down somewhat, it would be a style of country I could have enjoyed, too.

Keep in mind that CA spent a couple years on The Voice with Blake Shelton. And Blake loves 70s country.

I'm not saying anything is wrong with Christina Aguilera doing country. I'm just saying her character had not said she was switching to country yet.

Though Luke Wheeler said he was a fan and that surprised me. I figured she would be one of those dance-pop Katy Perry types. And I figured that's what he meant when he said he wasn't interested in her music.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom