• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

AM Frequency of the Week - 970 kHz

What can you all get on AM 970?

Here in Vermilion, OH it's a rather fuzzy WFUN/Ashtabula, OH with sports ESPN 970 unless you're free of power-line interference then it's much clearer. Nights is pretty much a mess of stations with WFUN and others mixed in.

Here around Columbus, Ohio, it's a very weak WATH from Athens, Ohio daytime and a mush at night.
Nice reach for WFUN to get to Vermilion. I've been impressed with their signal on the occasions I've gone to Conneaut to see my girlfriend's family. Slightly out of the main lobe at night but still very listenable.

Far northwest suburbs of Chicago....

Days: WHA, Madison, WI. Weak but reliable 5kw ND from about 85 miles away.

Nights: Mess. Sometimes WMAY (Springfield, IL), but KQAQ (Austin, MN) lately has been as likely as anything to turn up on top. Surprising because its (supposedly) 500 watts and I'm in a null.

Last year on Global Tuners, WZAN....all 5kw of it from Portland, ME....was routinely making the hop to Northern Ireland.

Last edited:
From near north Chicago suburbs I hear WHA in Madison,WI, weak. I haven't DXed this frequency at night in awhile, but years ago it used to be Pittsburgh, Pa mostly for me. I can't remember what the calls were then.

From near north Chicago suburbs I hear WHA in Madison,WI, weak. I haven't DXed this frequency at night in awhile, but years ago it used to be Pittsburgh, Pa mostly for me. I can't remember what the calls were then.

WWSW...at least for a while.

970 here is usually strong slop from KTCR-980 Selah.
At night I will hear KUFO Portland, OR (Talk), KTTO Spokane (Catholic Religion), or KBUL Billings, MT (News/Talk). KZNO Rupert, ID is rarer with ESPN, and KESP Modesto CA is even rarer with CBS Sports - usually during aurora.

-crainbebo

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom