• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

RCA Super Radio 3

It looks exactly like my last GE Superadio except for having the RCA logo instead. It still worked good the last time I used it, but there's nothing on AM I want to hear that I can't get on FM instead any more. About all I use it for now is in an emergency when the light are out.

The Supradio 3 was not as good as the first two models. Wonder if there has been any improvement in the new version, or is it just the same unit with a new logo?

The Supradio 3 was not as good as the first two models. Wonder if there has been any improvement in the new version, or is it just the same unit with a new logo?

I was wondering the same thing - How different is it from the old one? I bought a GE Super Radio 3 at Sears in the late 1990s. It was more than what WALMART.COM has this one for. I may buy one because my old one broke and I threw it out about 4 years ago. I was also so surprised to see the radio for sale on WALMART's website when I was searching for radios. My Mom asked me to check for a new clock radio.

Although this link is from AMAZON, I bought this TIMEX CLOCK RADIO at my local Walmart for my Mom on Sunday. It works great and it's better than the Sony it replaced.

http://www.amazon.com/Timex-T231G-1-2-Inch-Display-Gunmetal/dp/B00IO8AOGA

Some GE Superadio III's were excellent radios. I have one made in 1995 that rivals a Superadio 1 or 2 for DXability. I got a 1995 model for my mom which is just as good. Near the end of the GE run some SRIII's had cheaper tuning potentiometers that wore out quickly, and some RCA SRIII's reportedly had this problem also. I have read good and bad reviews of the RCA's. Hopefully they have no tuner issues. The rest of the design should be the same, so if the tuner works well it should be a good radio.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom