• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Adelante Media selling their stations

Interesting, Looks like Lazer already has a station in San Jose and Reno. Wonder if they will start programing them out of sac?

Here's a link to the application:

http://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws.exe/prod/cdbs/pubacc/prod/app_list.pl?Application_id=1654721

Looks like they're selling 97.9, 103.3, and 94.3 in this area, plus 93.9 in Modesto. Also an LPTV on channel 32 in Sacramento. All for $2.9 Million.

Dave B.

97.9, 103.3, and 94.3 are lousy reach in's to say the least. Not sure about 93.9. Anyone think they'll get 2.9 million? Wonder if EMF would buy and improve them... if they can even be improved.

I was bummed when 103.3 signed on. Prior to that you could catch KATM pretty easily Roseville/Rocklin -- I was always fond of that station.

97.9, 103.3, and 94.3 are lousy reach in's to say the least. Not sure about 93.9. Anyone think they'll get 2.9 million? Wonder if EMF would buy and improve them... if they can even be improved.

I was bummed when 103.3 signed on. Prior to that you could catch KATM pretty easily Roseville/Rocklin -- I was always fond of that station.

I'm sort of surprised that 103.3 even makes it to Roseville/Rocklin. The Modesto station overrides them in much of Grass Valley proper. I've always wondered what that station (it's on Banner mountain) was doing programming Spanish in Nevada county, which is something like 92% white. But it's the same programming as 94.3 so perhaps there is a pocket of Sacramento somewhere that 103.3 serves.

But the others aren't all that bad really. 97.9 should be on a par with 101.5 and 104.3 for most of the Sac metro. 94.3 won't penetrate buildings, but it's good in a vehicle from Sacramento to Stockton. Their 93.9 signal is perhaps the best - it's VERY strong in the city of Modesto proper.

Dave B.

I'm sort of surprised that 103.3 even makes it to Roseville/Rocklin. The Modesto station overrides them in much of Grass Valley proper. I've always wondered what that station (it's on Banner mountain) was doing programming Spanish in Nevada county, which is something like 92% white. But it's the same programming as 94.3 so perhaps there is a pocket of Sacramento somewhere that 103.3 serves.

But the others aren't all that bad really. 97.9 should be on a par with 101.5 and 104.3 for most of the Sac metro. 94.3 won't penetrate buildings, but it's good in a vehicle from Sacramento to Stockton. Their 93.9 signal is perhaps the best - it's VERY strong in the city of Modesto proper.

Dave B.

Sampled 97.9 and I agree, it's on par with 101.5 so I mis-spoke on that one. Of course it doesn't matter how they're received in Roseville/Rocklin, how well are they received in the areas with the largest Hispanic population?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom