• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Frijid Pink on KDOK

gbranch

Leading Participant
This morning, KDOK played the 1969 Frijid Pink version of "House of the Rising Sun."

Bravo, Chuck. You keep coming up with these little gems that have not had radio play in 30-40 years.

Last edited:
Real stations dare to play anything that fits their genre, not just the songs others do.

Real stations dare to play anything that fits their genre, not just the songs others do.

The good ones also educate their listener base, as well as entertain. I learned something new today. I have always thought that The Animals version was the first. Thanks to KDOK's airing, and gbranch's keen ear, I now know better. Simply awesome, Chuck. Keep up the good work. My phone rarely sees any Tunein action other than what's delivered to me from the Hill of Chalk.

Thanks. It is fun rediscovering a lot of good music that we seem to have forgotten about.

Might I make a request? I haven't heard it on KDOK as of yet, but could I get a spin of Bobby Pickett & The Cryptkickers' "Monster Mash" for the upcoming holiday spooktacular? Not doing so would be a grave error, lol...

Haven't heard that OTA since KLDE used to spin it regularly down here. If I've missed it along the way, my apologies.

The better known Animals version predates Frijid Pink's cover by 5 years. But Frijid Pink's version is superior, IMHO. YMMV. It supposedly was a minor hit back in 1970, especially in the North and Northeast US and Canada. Frijid Pink was from Detroit.

It's quite comical if you go on Youtube and search for the song and see how many times people refer to it as Pink Floyd's cover of House of the Rising Sun.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom