• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Who is Karl Sterling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Avid Listener

Does anyone know what TV or radio stations Karl Sterling worked at? Might he be better known under a different air name?

Who cares? Why do you keep bringing your feuds with other message boards to this forum?

139 people read this thread, and not one of them knows who Karl Sterling is or what stations he has worked at. That says a lot about Karl Sterling.

He used several different names on the air including Ed Schaughnesy, Myron Cope and Eleanor Schano.

I see. So no one actually knows who Karl Sterling is.

That makes sense. Discussion of radio and television in Pittsburgh is subject to the whims of an anonymous person no one knows.

I see. So no one actually knows who Karl Sterling is.

I think what it says is nobody cares about your fight with another message board. If you were banned, I can now understand why. You're a giant pain in the arse.

Now back to the WZUM discussion please.

I think what it says is nobody cares about your fight with another message board. If you were banned, I can now understand why. You're a giant pain in the arse.

Now back to the WZUM discussion please.

First, I've never mentioned any other message boards. So how does anyone know for sure that I'm asking about this legend of Pittsburgh media because of issues over any message board? Second, all of the responses in here have been from lurkers. How does anyone know that Denny M., Fred Remmington, and Dave 1360 aren't all pseudonyms of Karl Sterling?

Maybe we're all News Dude, Old Dude and Radio Realist?

Do you honestly think nobody knows this is about your feud with the voy forum for Pittsburgh radio-tv discussions? This is about the 10th time you've bitched here that your posts don't get on there. I repeat: nobody but you cares. You're a nut job. Personally, I'm following the fate of all those 1K daytimers that used to be big back in the '70s.

Still no answer to who Karl Sterling is. No one knows if he ever worked at any radio or TV station in Pittsburgh, possibly under another air name. I'm guessing "Karl Sterling" is an air name, since searching for that name only yields a guy on the Pittsburgh Jazz Network. That could be the same Karl Sterling whose LinkedIn profiles lists him as Independent Music Professional (Drummer), Syracuse, New York Area. This same Karl Sterling is a physical fitness trainer with a Facebook page, that also lists him as living and working in Syracuse, New York. There's a Karl E.P. Sterling who has a travel blog. He's a Canadian.

Now, I don't know about any sort of beef anyone thinks I might or might not have with "Karl Sterling", or with any message board he might be involved with. But in a forum dedicated to discussing Pittsburgh radio, surely the professional radio background of anyone who sets himself up as the controller of what is publically said on what appears to be the leading message board for Pittsburgh radio and television is a germane topic. Could it be that whoever is representing himself to the world as "Karl Sterling" actually works for a radio company and is slanting the discussions on his message board to further his employer's interests? Or maybe he's a bitter, disgruntled ex-DJ with an axe to grind. I don't know, but I am curious.

The one thing I don't want to know is his real name. Since he chooses to use a pseudonym, that's his right and privilege. Attempting to "out" someone by revealing their real name crosses the line. I won't do it. I would join the rest of the participants and management in this forum in condemning anyone who did that.

Somebody wake me when this is over.....ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......

Maybe we're all News Dude, Old Dude and Radio Realist?

Do you honestly think nobody knows this is about your feud with the voy forum for Pittsburgh radio-tv discussions? This is about the 10th time you've bitched here that your posts don't get on there. I repeat: nobody but you cares. You're a nut job. Personally, I'm following the fate of all those 1K daytimers that used to be big back in the '70s.

No, I haven't mentioned that my posts are always censored. The only person who knows that my posts are always censored would be the censor himself. So, Karl, why are you hiding behind such an obvious yet insider threat pseudonym?

Oh yeah, it's a BIG secret that you have a beef with not getting on the voy forum. Time to adjust the meds maybe?

Look at your past posts:

They've been floating that rumor on the Voy forum for weeks now, at least whenever Karl allows any posts to show.

http://www.radiodiscussions.com/showthread.php?668194-Speculation-has-104-7-to-country

And surprise, surprise! There's another new thread. What scintillating, interesting insight into the world of radio and television broadcasting has the censor approved? Is it about surprises in the ratings? A format change somewhere? No, it's even more exciting. It's about the weather! It's almost as exciting as Jack Bogut.

http://www.radiodiscussions.com/sho...ally-a-new-thread-on-the-Voy-discussion-forum!

Wow! What a fascinating, intriguing, thought provoking bunch of discussions. Maybe KDKA should hire the censor from the Voy discussion forum to train call screeners for their talk shows. That would really prevent any unwanted interesting callers from getting the listeners too excited.

Your obsession is special. Really special.

Wonder how many restraining orders have been filed against you in your life?

You say you have no interest in outing anyone, but you sure are hell-bent on doing it.

Your obsession is special. Really special.

Wonder how many restraining orders have been filed against you in your life?

You say you have no interest in outing anyone, but you sure are hell-bent on doing it.

First, "listener allegedly from Charlotte", I don't want to know Sterling's real name. I'm just asking what radio stations in Pittsburgh he has worked on, and what air names he might have used. The thing is, all of the replies in this thread from "guests" include little subtle hints about who I am, or where I lived. The only person who knows that there might possibly be issues with Sterling always censoring my posts on the forum he runs is Sterling himself. No one else knows or cares who I am.

I think it reveals something that the only replies in this thread are from anonymous "guests" or you. Not even the various know-it-alls who claim to know everything about all radio in America don't know what background in radio or television makes "Karl Sterling" someone who should be shaping the public discussion of radio ad TV in Pittsburgh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom