• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Weekend Listenership

Now, I'm told that radio in general has its lowest listenerships at night and on weekends. I'm wondering just how low it can be. If it's a Saturday and I'm listening to a Glenn Beck weekend rerun, some Talk Radio Network show, or music on a peanut whistle AM in the middle of the night, do we have any kind of numbers as to how many people are listening (per market, or nationwide) at any one time? There are a couple of 5kw AMs in my market (one 28 watts at night) where you think there could be hardly anyone listening.

do we have any kind of numbers as to how many people are listening (per market, or nationwide) at any one time?

Sure. What you say is true. Nights and weekends, especially Sunday nights, are pretty empty. It's been like that for a long time.

Sure. What you say is true. Nights and weekends, especially Sunday nights, are pretty empty. It's been like that for a long time.

I remember when the host of the country oldies show on WKLB Boston used to brag of having Boston's top-rated radio show in its time slot, that slot being 8 a.m. to noon on Sunday morning. I wonder what the estimated number of listeners might have been in a market of Boston's size. I'd imagine that, whatever it was, it consisted of pretty much the same people week after week.

It would be done because there are far fewer commuters and many only listen while in their cars. That said, a lot of weekend programming does draw listeners to advice and 'how to' shows. Bobby Likis and Kim Komando do very well with weekend only programs. Not to mention Bob Brinker and also 'The Mutual Fund' show.

I find some of the best shows on the weekends. Live on Sunday Night for example.

Mutual Fund show I don't agree with some of what they say, plus they bought out the time slot of a very well liked local talk host in my area.

Money Talk with Bob Brinker, another good one. I wonder if this is live?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom