• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Rip wjye

Majic rockstar

New Participating Member
Hello Mix96 WMSX with a HOT AC format. Laura Daniels stays in the AM with New partner Keith Kelly and the Mix morning Rush. Mark"The Shark" Richards returns to Buffalo airwaves for afternoons. DJ Mike Setlock is mixing the MIX classic lunch from 12 to 1. Dan Rinelli, formerly of Star 102.5, takes over the drive home. Delilah remains during the night. I'm sure this station will continue to evolve As they directly take on Star and Kiss. The music is fresh and the station has a top 40 presentation to it. Dave Universal is the PD so no doubt this should be interesting.

This station used to be good, but I started tuning out when they started to move away from Soft Rock WJYE. When they went to JOY, that was it for me. If I wanted to listen to "fresh" music as you call it (I have another name for it), I would have put on STAR 102.5.

As I said in another thread, too many people care about who won American Idol. Or whatever else Laura Daniels talks about that doesn't interest me, like one of her bad dates. That's why they had to, at least in their mind, change to this format.

I was surprised that they gave up the heritage WJYE call letters instead of parking them elsewhere. Townsquare was granted WMSX in September. It looks like that it's too late to turn back now.

Hello Mix96 WMSX with a HOT AC format. Laura Daniels stays in the AM with New partner Keith Kelly and the Mix morning Rush. Mark"The Shark" Richards returns to Buffalo airwaves for afternoons. DJ Mike Setlock is mixing the MIX classic lunch from 12 to 1. Dan Rinelli, formerly of Star 102.5, takes over the drive home. Delilah remains during the night. I'm sure this station will continue to evolve As they directly take on Star and Kiss. The music is fresh and the station has a top 40 presentation to it. Dave Universal is the PD so no doubt this should be interesting.

Gee, two posts that are almost identical. It's almost like some promo department at work here. Since the "Mix" moniker has been around twice before, perhaps they should have called it "Remix".

Since they are no longer JOY, will they skip the ALL XMAS insanity?
The MIX moniker is another tired re-branding by corporate.

If they do flip to XMAS, the JOY call letters make more sense.
Another example of Corporate Dysfunction.

Springsteen summed it up.
It's RADIO NOWHERE...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom