• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Steve Dahl to host Afternoons on WLS Am

Dr Wayne

Leading Participant
Come November, Steve Dahl will take over the afternoon 2 to 6 pm shift on WLS AM replacing Roe Conn.

Last edited:
WLS had to do something. Sounds like a positive move. I'm sure Garry Meier and Steve have no desire to work together anymore, but wouldn't that be a great show! I enjoy Garry on the WGN Internet stream, but Garry is too good to be wasted like that. If he wasn't moved from WGN AM last May,we would have had Garry and Steve opposite each other.

Wonder what will happen with Garry? I doubt deCastro is going to find an FM frequency to air his show, Maybe he is just riding out his contract?

Good for Dahl. He's a talented guy and looks pretty snappy in that classic pin-striped suite. Like he could be selling air time or BMWs. Or be one of Lew Dickey's Atlanta hacks. But the image of a 59 year old gray haired guy just reinforces the image of "old white guys doing talk radio primarily for old white guys." More than likely, he'll kick butt Men 45-64.

Good for Dahl. He's a talented guy and looks pretty snappy in that classic pin-striped suite. Like he could be selling air time or BMWs. Or be one of Lew Dickey's Atlanta hacks. But the image of a 59 year old gray haired guy just reinforces the image of "old white guys doing talk radio primarily for old white guys." More than likely, he'll kick butt Men 45-64.

Still, the idea of replacing a partisan ideologue with a real personality is a big step in the right direction. Granted, it's likely a month late and $20 short, but I can appreciate the effort!

Where I think Steve excels is that he doesn't sound like a 59-year old guy. he doesn't do old guy topics where it sounds like an idiot screaming GET OFF MY LAWN.

I'm sure Garry Meier and Steve have no desire to work together anymore, but wouldn't that be a great show! I enjoy Garry on the WGN Internet stream, but Garry is too good to be wasted like that.

Wonder what will happen with Garry? I doubt deCastro is going to find an FM frequency to air his show, Maybe he is just riding out his contract?

I listened to Roe Conn and Garry Meier when they were together on WLS back in the '90s. That show was awesome! Although I thought that Roe's contribution to the show was about 60% and Garry's about 40%, I think that Garry's ego showed up at contract time and the pair split up. It would be great to see them back together again.

What about Garry and Steve doing a TV Show..I think they missed their calling for that..notice I put Garry's name first..:)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom