• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

94.7 SA translator

A

Anonymouse

I'm hearing a station at 94.7 now from Northwest SA, a dead air station.
I think this is it, probably testing from it's new setup.

Not anymore... It went off earlier for anyone who cares. LOL

94-7 is yielding a pretty strong KAMX this morning from Probandt and I-10. Nothing else.

KZEP stinks now, btw, and is it just me or does KISS sounds more classic rocky now?

KISS does sound a little newer, to me. I expect they will upgrade their playlist as time passes.

KZEP 93.3... Not sure how many people listen to that but I wish they would just put WOAI on it. It would probably do a little better if that were the case and we'd have the Spurs on FM. :p

From RadioInsight:
"Alpha Media’s 94.7 K234CI Marion, TX has completed its relocation into San Antonio and now applies to move to 94.5 with 250 watts at 126 meters rebroadcasting Sports “ESPN 1250” KZDC San Antonio."

KISS does sound a little newer, to me. I expect they will upgrade their playlist as time passes.

KZEP 93.3... Not sure how many people listen to that but I wish they would just put WOAI on it. It would probably do a little better if that were the case and we'd have the Spurs on FM. :p

Watch Kiss not update their playlist and we still get to hear the same crappy Nickelback and Limp Bizkit songs over and over again with no Volbeat or Five Finger Death Punch music. The more I see their playlist, the more I'm wanting a newer rock or alternative station here.

Speaking of Alternative, something tells me iHeart would consider putting an "Alt" format like in Los Angeles on one of the translators. "Alt" has been popping up in cities like Indianapolis, Nashville, Des Moines, Wichita, and I think some others. Dallas and Houston both have an alternative station owned by iHeart so would San Antonio be another one? Or would Cox pull the plug on 99.5? Highly doubt it though.

From RDGeneralManager: E-Cam you need to register or log in

Just a thought but it wouldn't surprise me if Alpha Media moves La Ley and/or Norteno 104.1 to their new low power FM's and launches new formats on 95.7 or 104.1.

If they do that then they would have to simulcast the LPFMs with another station if they didn't wanna get hit by the FCC, it's the way translators work. If they were to get HD capability on one of their FMs, they could use those too.

Just a thought but it wouldn't surprise me if Alpha Media moves La Ley and/or Norteno 104.1 to their new low power FM's and launches new formats on 95.7 or 104.1.

Highly unlikely. La Ley and Norteno are overperforming in the zip codes where their signals are best. There's not much else you could put on those sticks and get anywhere near the numbers La Ley and Norteno get. You're more likely to see La Ley and Norteno get added to HD subchannels and aired on a couple of those translators in addition to 95.7 and 104.1 than you are to see them relegated to the translators exclusively.

Very good, compared it to 94-1. While 94-5 doesn't sound as processed, the processing's definitely there. Pretty good audio feed to the transmitter too, sounds like.

Mono signal BTW.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom