• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Hot 104.5 is sizzling in the latest PPM's

Of course, the numbers are for 6+, but my guess is Hot is doing well in SA as it lands at #2 in just two months! So much for the ones saying CC/Iheartmedia made a mistake for moving Classic Rock to a LP frequency.

FYI- Hot has announcement schedule for Thursday at 4p. My guess is on air staff line up for Hot.

No surprise here but X now The Eagle sees a jump as well.

http://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb059

Last edited:
Shocking to see Hot doing better than all of the CHR's here! Wasn't expecting that. Glad to see 106.7 doing well too. They're not that bad of a station and getting to like their playlist.

With ratings getting lower, I hope KISS flips to alternative or goes back to active rock because I'm tired of hearing the same late 90s/early 2000s grunge/nu-metal bands over and over (seriously, I feel like I'm still a high school junior in 2002 when I look at their playlist. Bad memories...). Time for something new with them. Or perhaps iHeart can flip one of their translators to "Alt" since that format's been happening across the nation.

I only hope Hot decides to get some local tallent. ;)

Great station so far though!

Nearly a 7 share, my goodness. That's a major bump. While I certainly saw the logic behind "Hot", and assumed it would be pretty successful, my gripe about what happened with K-Zep's flip is how it was executed.

Also noticed the big jump for The Eagle, I don't remember ever seeing KISS lower than 106-7 in the beauty pageant. That doesn't look good, maybe it'll give Cox SA a little nudge to freshen up 99-5 a bit.

Wow
When was the last time The beat wasn't in the top 4?

Also noticed the big jump for The Eagle, I don't remember ever seeing KISS lower than 106-7 in the beauty pageant. That doesn't look good, maybe it'll give Cox SA a little nudge to freshen up 99-5 a bit.[/QUOTE]

Over the recent months Cox has made updated KONO's playlist and recently Magic. I expect 99.5 Kiss to be next.

No surprise but syndication launches Hot 104.5 new line up. First air personality is, Micki Gamez from KTU.

It's not syndication... it is just voice tracking.

This one reminds me of those Pace Picante salsa commercials where they say theirs is made in San Antonio and the other one is made in New York.

The sad part is that 99% of listeners don't know or don't care that Hot's DJ's are not local and from another city.

I thought SA was iHeart's HQ, so I guessed they might wanna go local with Hot. Guess not.

I'm pretty sure the corporate HQ is New York, though some of the back office functions will probably still remain in San Antonio.

I'm also thinking Micki Gamez was in Austin about 15 years ago. If that's the case, she's not exactly a foreigner, though both cities have changed a lot since she left.

Micki Gamez Was On 96.7 KHFI In The 90'S When It Was Cool!!

I'm pretty sure the corporate HQ is New York, though some of the back office functions will probably still remain in San Antonio.

I'm also thinking Micki Gamez was in Austin about 15 years ago. If that's the case, she's not exactly a foreigner, though both cities have changed a lot since she left.

The corporate HQ is in San Antonio. The parent company is based in NYC.

Hot 104.5 seems to be tumbling southward since I posted this a few months ago. No surprise as Hot still has the freakin playlist!!

Hot 104.5 seems to be tumbling southward since I posted this a few months ago. No surprise as Hot still has the freakin playlist!!

What you're seeing is typical in launches of top-40 and rock formats. They generally explode out of the gates and taper off. Although it doesn't look like it happened this time in San Antonio, it's pretty common for their competitors to maintain high numbers because that's an audience that often spends more time with the radio when a new station goes after their ears. In this case, it looks like Hot's competitors dipped and are starting to go back up as Hot levels off.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom