• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Confusion at Univision Houston subchannels

P

purpledevil

It's been nearly a month since Grit and Escape launched on our local Univision and UniMas affiliate subchannels. Unfortunately, both networks must have been changed from where Univision was originally going to place them. The reason I know this, is because both Grit and Escape show the wrong ID at the top of the hours. After a month, I assumed it would have been noticed. I guess not, so here we are on the public board drawing attention to it, in hopes of it being rectified before fines are possibly handed out.

Grit TV: ID shown on screen is "KXLN-DT HD3 Rosenberg/Houston". Grit actually airs on Ch. 67's HD3, Which would be "KFTH-DT HD3 Alvin/Houston".
Escape is only a subchannel off, not a whole station. IDs as "KXLN-DT HD2 Rosenberg/Houston". Close, but KXLN HD2 is actually KFTH HD1's rebroadcast of UniMas. Escape is on HD3.

And I'm not just picking on Univision, either. Independent KUBE Baytown has their subchannels IDs wrong too. ME-TV is shown on the ID as "KUBE-TV 57.5 Baytown". However, it actually airs on .4. The Works also IDs as 57.5, but airs on 57.2, and 57.5? Well, it's showing color bars with a constant ID platered on it of KUBE-TV, 57.5, Baytown, Texas. How many .5s do they think they have anyway?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom