• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

93.3 KQQX Back on the air

mbatchelor

Frequent Participant
After nearly a 4 year absence, 93.3 KQQX has returned to the air and is testing from their new tower site near Warrenton, MO with their new COL of Hermann, MO. The signal primarily covers the western and northern suburbs of the St Louis area.

Seems as though they were just doing program tests, and won't be resuming regular broadcasts at this time due to continued financial problems with ownership.

I'm not sure if it's KQQX but 93.3 does have programming while I was driving down K in O'Fallon. I was on my way to St. Charles but couldn't handle the 80s pop so turned it. I doubt that will be the format but who knows. The sound quality is not all that wonderful and the signal was actually breaking up on K which leads me to think this may not be KQQX.

acheron82, I suspect the station you heard was not KQQX. I also suspect that Randy Wachter only put the station on the air in order to keep his license or construction permit from lapsing.

Yeap - You are probably right. Haven't heard that station since so that must of been a distant station that came in due to atmospheric conditions or something. It's been dead ever since then.

It was a one day test. Apparently from what I heard it was on a temporary tower that was thrown up quickly and cheaply to put it on the air long enough to save the license. Not really sure what you were picking up on 93.3, probably some distant signal skipping in. I'm not sure it was running at full power when it was on, as the coverage did not equal to the maps I made when I was working on the project. Not really sure what is going on there since I backed off. Randy is a good guy and I wish him well, but trying to pull this off with no money is pretty hard. You could have knocked me over with a feather when I heard 93.3 broadcasting, I really thought chances of it being done were somewhere between slim and none, but ultimately the banker decided it was too valuable of an asset so he dumped in the money to protect it and get it built in a temporary manner. Unfortunately, they didn't bother to get zoning approval (as they told me it wasn't necessary for the short little Rohn tower that was put up), but apparently that was incorrect and Warren County forced it back off the air almost immediately.

93X has been back on the air a week or so from a low powered STA on a tower between Hermann and Marthasville, MO; it should be cranking at more power there soon. Programming is the same Alternative Rock programming as it was before it went off the air.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom