• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

No more Westwood One in Columbus?

schmave

Star Participant
For whatever reason, neither 97.1 The Fan nor 1460 ESPN are carrying the primetime NFL broadcasts - Thursday, Sunday and/or Monday - from Westwood One. 97.1 did carry the Saints-Cowboys game last night, but only because it was a Cowboys broadcast from Compass Media.
Anyone have any idea why the change (for the worse)? I have reached out to 97.1 and 95.5 The Game on social media with no luck whatsoever.
If it's a good night, WFAN or WSCR's signal will boom in with these broadcasts, but this market being the size it is and not getting these games is stupid. Not like there isn't the space on one of our stations.

Man has our Columbus board fallen a long way :( Almost 200 views and no one in the know enough to answer.

Man has our Columbus board fallen a long way :( Almost 200 views and no one in the know enough to answer.

So much bad radio in Columbus and nothing ever really changes, I think everyone has given up. there just isn't much to talk about anymore.

Unfortunately, Westwood One is horrible at updating their affiliate list. They still list 97.1 as the affiliate. It could be that the station has the rights, but simply isn't clearing it. I'd give them a call and ask what's up. Those broadcasts are almost impossible to find online.

I had a brief back and forth with them on Twitter the first Sunday night of the season, and they said their affiliate sales team would look into getting a Columbus affiliate. Either they have and as yet have failed, or haven't. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom