• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Kfrc 610 am

U

Unregistered

If it was still KFRC 610 today would be it's 90th birthday. Radio on 610 AM is 90 years strong today no matter what calls are being used. Happy Birthday 610 AM from RadioStarOne....

FYI KFRC is alive and well all original programming at www.kfrcsanfrancisco.com and on Facebook at KFRC the big 610 San Francisco

Beyond not being able to get the "Listen Live" to let me listen, this is an abomination. "1960s Rock-N-Roll" mentioned prominently with a poster of the late 1970s KFRC air team, the early 1980s KFRC mobile studio (The Sturgeon), and a shot of the 1990s KFRC control room, with the caption "Spinning The Funky Hits of Yesterday".

In short, the polar opposite of the gold standard of quality that KFRC embodied in everything about its presentation through several formats from 1966-2005.

Unsurprisingly, the web address shows up as being copyrighted by the infamous Verne White, who more than 8 years ago caused quite a stir on this board by putting up a "tribute" site to KYA and passing himself off as "Chris Edwards", a former KYA jock who...well, Verne wasn't. Verne also claimed to have worked at KYNO during the "Battle of Fresno" and KFRC, which neither he nor the real KYA Chris Edwards had done, and claimed to have owned a couple of stations, much to the surprise of the people who actually did.

It's a fascinating four pages of posts and well worth your while: http://www.radiodiscussions.com/showthread.php?475844-KYA-Back-On-The-Air!

In another thread, moved to "Take It Outside", and it appears, lost to the Google bots, a "cousin" begins posting on Verne's behalf and hilarity ensues.

The KFRC Facebook page "Denise" (whose lack of punctuation is a dead ringer for Verne's) mentions, is however, legit...and frequented by most of the surviving KFRC jocks: https://www.facebook.com/pages/KFRC-The-Big-610/397163734347?sk=timeline

Last edited:
Well, no wonder "Denise"'s punctuation skills match Verne's. From the Central California board, where she plugs a new combo station that's signing on (despite having call letters already assigned in New Mexico), she ends her post with:

Denise White
President/CEO
559-639-5925 Office
559-836-KFUN(5386) 24 Hr Request & Donation Line

Donations? Yep. Says Denise:

This is a Woman owned Corporation to Benefit many Charities as well as Local Schools & Churches.

Last edited:
oh boy here we go again lol So, ol' Vern got a CP for an LPFM in HANFORD ! LOL Oh wait, his lil "non-profit" already holds a license - a no-no for LPFM eligibility- so it is Denise that got the Hanford LPFM CP.

Beyond not being able to get the "Listen Live" to let me listen...

It's true that the RadioLoyalty player won't open.
There is, however, a direct streaming URL that can be plugged in to various media devices.

Link is http://cc.net2streams.com:8506/ 192 kbps 44 kHz stereo. [Although, if the airchecks are in mono, would one need stereo? Just sayin' + playin'! :)]

They're currently playing KFRC airchecks - the one I heard as I posted was of Dr. Don Rose from 1978.

Last edited:

It's true that the RadioLoyalty player won't open.
There is, however, a direct streaming URL that can be plugged in to various media devices.

Link is http://cc.net2streams.com:8506/ 192 kbps 44 kHz stereo. [Although, if the airchecks are in mono, would one need stereo? Just sayin' + playin'! :)]

They're currently playing KFRC airchecks - the one I heard as I posted was of Dr. Don Rose from 1978.

One of them is listed as "John Max Flnnigin".

What complete and utter crap hiding behind the call letters and image of a legend.

One of them is listed as "John Max Flnnigin".

What complete and utter crap hiding behind the call letters and image of a legend.

That's kind of disgusting. The alive and quite well John Mack Flanagan ought to protest - though he's no doubt too nice a guy to bother.

Kind of a detour from the main subject - but I've been listening some to KFRC-FM's replacement in the Classic Hits format - Big 103.7 (KOSF) - owned by Clear Channel...er...I Heart Radio. It's ratings are pretty decent - so it occurs to me that the ill-fated 106.9 KFRC (now the repeater for KCBS-AM) could have made it if CBS had tried a little harder.

What a shame for you to downgrade the KFRC web site and the programming when it is all the original KFRC programming the website shows the BEST of KFRC maybe thats why it has so many listeners!!!! Shame on you ... Get your facts straight put your hate aside and enjoy

Hey Micheal: Just so you know the radio loyalty link works and this is my site it has nothing to do with V White or C Edwards. This IS MY SITE www.kfrcsanfrancisco.com I do appreciate any good constructive ideas

This is owned by HYS Inc which is a 501c3 Corp I am the president and has no affiliation with V.White or C. Edwards

Oh what a tangled web we weave ...

(you know the rest)

Oh what a tangled web we weave ...

(you know the rest)

Truly. And Verne/Denise isn't even good at subterfuge. He reminds me of that Jon Lovitz pathological liar character on SNL .

"Yeah, I'm Verne...i mean, I'm Denise, and I'm a woman...yeah...that's the ticket..."

John Mac Flanagan

Look. Verne/Denise doesn't even know who he/she is. How do you expect him or her to get a detail like the name of one of San Francisco's best air personalities of all-time right?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom