• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

AM Frequency of the Week - 1300 kHz

What can you all get on AM 1300?

Here in Vermilion, OH it is a fuzzy/staticy WJMO/Cleveland, OH with an urban Gospel format music and preaching. At night the freq. is a jumble of many stations

Far northwest suburbs of Chicago....

Days: WRDZ Radio Disney, Fair (at least for the rest of this week)

Nights: What's left of WRDZ's signal sometimes on top. Once in a while it's WOOD. Usually, however, its just a noisy mess.

East Tennessee-WMTN, Morristown.
Dayton-mostly WHIO splatter but I did get a pretty clear WNQM, Nashville one morning after sunrise

I get WJMO (legacy calls WERE) Cleveland on 1300 in the daytime, alone with no cochannel interference. Every once in a while, I will hear heterodyning in the daytime. I assume that it is from WOOD doing proofs of performance with 5000 watts Omni from their new site. WOOD with 20000 watts DA is what you get when you go further North toward Flint and beyond.

Around Columbus, Ohio, it's a very weak WMVO out of Mount Vernon. Looking at the Radio Locator map, I saw for the first time that WMVO is directional. Considering the co-channel station in Cleveland, I am not surprised.

A weak, and I mean weak, KVET Austin during the day from Bellville. Nothing in Houston. KVET is a sports station. At night, 1300 is a hodge podge of signals fighting for supremacy, and none of them seem to ever win out.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom