• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

East To West Show

K

kf4rca

Have you heard the East To West Show hosted by Nikki Lee on Sat & Sun at noon (Eastern)? Its distributed by G&E Studios. Nikki Lee is a young Chinese-American girl who discusses world events of the week. There are no guests or callers as she rambles on for an hour. Its quite entertaining as she stumbles through the show. I even heard the F bomb once. But she's got a good producer who knows when to go to break when she gets in over her head. It takes some patience to listen to her. BUT, she is living proof that ANYONE can be a talk show host. Although she is dead last on the long list of talkers, she may be the youngest person to have a national talk show in America. Not bad for a girl who immigrated when she was 14. Rush Limbaugh look out!

Ok, I found the network's website. Can't find any audio of the show, but it certainly sounds like a train wreck. Might be worth listening for a goof.

Although she is dead last on the long list of talkers, she may be the youngest person to have a national talk show in America.

Do you have a connection with this woman or this show?

Dead last on what list? Dead last on Michael Harrison's list is David Webb of SiriusXM. Is there another list anybody pays attention to?

Rush is approaching retirement age. What he needs to look out for is the decline and fall of right-wing talk radio. What a young person like Nikki needs is a Plan B for her career.

I found the network's website, too. Apparently, a lot of their programming is Chinese language (presumably Mandarin, since China has several different languages). They have a station list. The ones with which I'm familiar do brokered programming. Possibly this show is pay to play.

F-Bomb on terrestrial radio? Seems like nobody is listening. Tree falling in an empty forest.

I remember working at a station years ago where the PD hired a host that billed herself as the youngest talk host in America. Young isn't always a good thing. Especially in a job that requires a lot of practice.

No, I'm not connected to the show. I was tuning around one day and found it on the Chinese Radio English service (an AM station- WJTP). Its certainly a different kind of talk show. I probably wouldn't even listen except she is so cute sounding. She's conservative in her views but that would be funny if she were to guest host on Rush's show. But I don't think she could go for three hours as she can barely do one.

A young girl babbling on the radio is inherently cute. I'm surprised she didn't get fired for the F bomb.
She must be somebody's daughter. She needs to do more show prep. She might be the Niki Lee who did a music video called Chiki Chiki and now she's expanding into talk radio.
Have you ever listened to the business shows on there? These people are the biggest capitalists on the planet.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom