• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The new 98.9 nash icon country

Cave Man 77

New Participating Member
Has anyone been listening to the new country format on 98.9 branded NASH ICON ? I checked it out for a while today and find it is so enjoyable. They are mixing into the current country stuff oldies like Dolly Parton's song "9 to 5". Interesting music mix, but it does include a lot of classic country that I have not heard in a long time. This should further fragment the country music audience in Atlanta, but it is time that someone recognize the classic country songs that are presently missing from the radio dial on both KIX and
THE BULL. Congratulations on the format ! Hope it becomes the #1 country format in Atlanta.

Has anyone been listening to the new country format on 98.9 branded NASH ICON ? I checked it out for a while today and find it is so enjoyable. They are mixing into the current country stuff oldies like Dolly Parton's song "9 to 5". Interesting music mix, but it does include a lot of classic country that I have not heard in a long time. This should further fragment the country music audience in Atlanta, but it is time that someone recognize the classic country songs that are presently missing from the radio dial on both KIX and
THE BULL. Congratulations on the format ! Hope it becomes the #1 country format in Atlanta.

I like the format, although I wish they would include more classic country.

It's not intended, though, to be a market-beating format. Eventually Cumulus will convert 101.5 to the regular NASH format, as Cumulus has done with most of their other country stations.

NASH ICON has also enabled 101.5 to go newer and better compete with the Bull.

A good comparison would be Kicks and Y106 (both owned by ABC) back in the day, where Y flanked Kicks with, alternately, newer "young country" back in the 90s and an older, more classic mix the rest of the time.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom