• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Shake 108 FM: New Non-Profit, Local Radio Station Launches in Miami

At least it was still active an hour ago. I have a feeling it might be up and down...

It does not seem to be on the FCC database.
...or R-L, but I can assure you that they are still on the air.
Gee, I have known of stations going from undocumented to documented, but never the reverse.

Once again a format is needed for success. I saw a story they were playing everything from Bob Dylan to 2 live crew. Even if the did a niche format such as Rhythmic oldies. They might of been okay. Great website, and they got a good deal of publicity, but no organized music or programmed format. Just a observation.

I was told the CP expired with no license to cover filed... It was deleted. Uh-oh... http://www.fccinfo.com/CMDProEngine.php?sCurrentService=FM&tabSearchType=Appl&sAppIDNumber=1565765

I'm not sure if they can still save the license somehow.

I sent an email via their website asking how they are able to be on the air if the FCC shows no license and an expired CP.

Bets are on:

1. I get no answer.
2. I get a nastygram about free speech and free airwaves.
3. I get a convoluted "there was an error at the FCC" explanation
4. I get no explanation and am told to listen online

I sent an email via their website asking how they are able to be on the air if the FCC shows no license and an expired CP.
Bets are on:
1. I get no answer.
2. I get a nastygram about free speech and free airwaves.
3. I get a convoluted "there was an error at the FCC" explanation
4. I get no explanation and am told to listen online
To be so lucky, so fortunate, so blessed, to have a CP and to then put the station on the air, but to then lose everything by not filing the right paperwork is a new peak of irresponsibility. If I had that license, I would firstly have gotten an attorney to deal with the commission for me, and secondly asked for programming help from you and/or other RD friends.

He has not returned my phone call or text message, but I had told him several times by voice and text, not make his underwriting adds sound so "commercial". Could that be why he has gone AWOL? He could have had a very good thing going. I doubt that Sonny would have cared to pay him to go dark.

Most important rule: Always have a Attorney when it comes to filing FCC documents. Safe, sound, secure, and you'll sleep well at night.

OK, here is the latest:
They are still on the air and seem to have a stronger signal.
They either upped their power or they moved several miles north.
I will track them down when I have a chance in a few days.

OK, here is the latest:
They are still on the air and seem to have a stronger signal.
They either upped their power or they moved several miles north.
I will track them down when I have a chance in a few days.

That is bizarre.

Of course, the FCC considers them to be dead. If they moved, they are doubly illegal.

I believe I have tracked them to somewhere in downtown Miami.
They seemed to be really strong by the Miami River east of I-95 and up by the AAArena, so they could be shielded by their building between those two places plus have a close-in null.
If they are hidden in the middle of a high rooftop, I am afraid I might never find them.
Also it was dark when I was there last night.
Anyone want to lend me some binoculars and maybe a helicopter or dirigible?

Interesting, they are still shown as being in the same location as before.

I tried really hard,
but I could not resist.

img_angif-blow-your-own-horn.gif

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom