• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

What? No posts this month?

Ok, I will start something that will go nowhere. Con rats to the Tennessean tabloid for their most impressive journalistic effort on the new ownership change at MIX92-9 and JACK FM. They topped the piece off with two adorable photos of the high tech studios. One pic included a turntable. Did I spell turntable correctly? Seriously, they put a pic of the number one station in the market using a turntable! Stock photography from the 70s must be REAL cheap. Why would Mix have a turntable in 2014? THEY DON'T. It's ok, Mix is buying an ad in the Tennessean with a picture of the turntable embedded in a stone tablet newspaper being read by a dinosaur. We all know that's more accurate.

One pic included a turntable. Did I spell turntable correctly? Seriously, they put a pic of the number one station in the market using a turntable!

I am amazed that the Tennessean didn't refer to them as WZEZ and WMTS-FM. Unbelievable. FWIW...my desk/workstation is in the WLAC newsroom, and DAILY, there are calls (plural) for WLAC-TV channel 5. Ma Bell directory assistance still has the listing that way...WLAC-TV became WTVF in 19-freaking-75.

Last edited:
Slightly off subject. Well, it's nice to know the we both are on "right" side of the street, at least for now, safe from destruction for a week or two, CR! The phone book is going to be full of wrong numbers for all the torn down studios. And there may really only be one turntable left on music row. I can't imagine how the Tennessean will be able to keep all the new buildings straight since they have no local coverage past the parking lot of Deja Vu.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom