• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Murphy, Sam & Jodi:

S

Scooter Lesley

Well,....if you tune to 98.9, in the mornings, you get to hear the new Sydi-cast Murphy, Sam & Jodi. Now, we all know that a pipe-ed-ed-in service is indeed a cheaper route, and for the first 6-months, it might even be free. I have been listening, and it is what most consultants figure to work. I'm not here to down or praise, but let's get the truth! Most really don't expect it to work, thus last....and then try something else. Bit/Bumper/Stop-set/Jingle/song/Re-join Bumper/Next Bit. The Gal in this one really ain't the third wheel, but kinda/sorta of a referee between the two guys, that smack of stand-up comedians, in a previous part of their living. One always trying to one-up the other, without getting too blue, and each armed with a bag of Fart jokes, cocked & loaded. Yeah, it might work for a while, but that's the normal run. As for the playlist,....same as last visit, the allegedly auditorium tested, consultant approved, drastically over spun!

Next we'll take a Looky at MY's new pipe-ed-ed-in hopeful.

Once again readers, we have to excuse his "A"-ness for his continuous brevity, aside from punctuation, only 20 words this time, also in, still yet another
failed attempt at humor.

However, there is a jot of merritt: MAGIC's new Morning Show does simulate the two old guy Muppets...with the Gal playing referee.

To be fair, tune into The Rise Guys. Living proof that local shows are NOT always better. Sadly successful but absolutely pitiful nonetheless.

Unless they're planning to change from AC, off-color humor is not the way to go.

Though WDAR Florence had Bob and Sheri even though they were AC. Now they're Christian so Imagine Bob and Sheri are history.

To be fair, tune into The Rise Guys. Living proof that local shows are NOT always better. Sadly successful but absolutely pitiful nonetheless.

I gotta agree with this one. Not only are they bad for radio, but they are a black mark on society as a whole.

Unless they're planning to change from AC, off-color humor is not the way to go.

Though WDAR Florence had Bob and Sheri even though they were AC. Now they're Christian so Imagine Bob and Sheri are history.

I would rather see them put Bob and Sheri on 98.9 or some other GSP station. Especially since 107.9 no longer has a clear signal in parts of Greenville. You can get it clear on your home radio with rabbit ears, but it becomes spotty in the car. And I know folks here in the Upstate that like to listen to Bob and Sheri, myself included. I am still disappointed that 107.9 put a null to the west in their signal about 10 years ago, as they used to have a very good signal in Greenville. But that was after Jefferson-Pilot sold the station. But their HD Radio signal is pretty good.

Well,.....Welllllllllllll,....I log-in, and rappa-tap-tap a little-lo paragraph of the truth, and just look at all those that got wodded-up. Can you just image how it's gonna be, when I lay judgement on that other team......hmmmmmm? Yes,....still yet another....dose of The Truth! Boggles the mind, don't it?

Entercom's GM has a good track record, and maybe he's jut now getting into the swing of things, and as to where the Ax goes???????? JB&B would have been gone years ago, but when renewal rolls around, they get real nice, and real cheap, and that's just quick fix business. The GM just has--unt had time to get to what ails The Planet. It could be a total Planet-ectomy!.........and I don't think that he's heard ROQ's Sunday afternoon gal....she needs a muzzle, not a mic......Awwwww-ful!

I took another listen, this Morning, and even if it just boils-down to....leave them on, and the audience will eventually accept them,.....I can't see it billing, as much as they would like to see. Also,...you must remember the one standard curse, with Sydi-casts.....there are only so many avails per hour, and you can't ad to it. You can raise the rate, but who's gonna wanna....pay it? On Sunday afternoons, I have clocked 5+plus minute stop-sets, with a minimum of four sets per hour. It's hard get people to set through three, and that's with a spoken pay-off, just before the first :60. I just believe that they are saving the out-go, while they wait on the planned talent to hatch.

Well,...I'd like to close this out, with what most (Real) Radio Broadcasters have arrived at: Neither of the AC's have a winner on their hands. The dull rut of Syndi-cast mornings has peed in everyone's Cheerios! No, and I repeat, I'm not inside the fence of their intended audience. However, I know, and there are many others that will simply agree with me: Ace & T.J., and...Murphy, Sam & Jodi.....collectively, they couldn't make money(here), if you dipped them in glue, and drug them all through Fort Knox! As Jed Clampet would say,...."Pitttti-ful, jest pitttttt-ful".

Ace & T.J., and...Murphy, Sam & Jodi.....collectively, they couldn't make money(here), if you dipped them in glue, and drug them all through Fort Knox!

And yet....they do!

Look...some very fancy people pay a lot of money to eat fish eggs. You couldn't pay me to eat that crap. But that's just how things go.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom