• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WBIN-TV in Concord launches new newscast

wootown

New Participating Member
WBIN stopped doing newscasts almost two years ago. They have brought them back and now have newscasts at 5pm, 5:30pm, 6pm, and 10pm. The first couple of nights were a little shaky, but I suppose that's to be expected. Wonder if they're any plans in the works to become a major network affiliate, which I think would better position them to compete with ABC affiliate. WMUR.

Wonder if they're any plans in the works to become a major network affiliate, which I think would better position them to compete with ABC affiliate. WMUR.

Hmmmm...What network would be a good fit? I think CBS and Fox both have spotty coverage in NH? No?

In an era when everyone is cutting news budgets...for someone to invest and spend money on this effort is great!

Will these newscasts go eventually beyond Channel 50 in Derry?

Rookie mistakes the first night

Anchors not knowing the pronunciation of local cities/towns/counties.

When the newscast was being done in Iowa I could understand it

Isn't rule 1 of hiring out of market talent giving them a pronunciation guide to local cities/towns/counties?

Saw an anchor babe talking the the clone of Al Kaprilian ( we want Al !) in front of the green screen with 5 feet of wire hanging off her backside.

Either use wireless mics and IFB's or feed the wire up the inside of the dress and know your spot and angle to the camera hiding the equipment.

You never see that on a major market station

Lets see how it shakes out..

full disclosure I have friends working for Binnie Media and on the newscasts

I watched just a few minutes of it the other night. Local house fire story. Everything the victim would say, the on-site reporter would repeat, verbatim. Very strange.
Seriously - dude, have you ever done this before? We'll see if this improves with time. As for a full-time network affiliation - channel 21 tried this a few years back, as a CBS affiliate. Was backed by Thomas Flatley, of builder and mall fame, so they had some pretty deep pockets involved. As I recall, the locals could already get CBS from Boston all over the place on cable systems, so there was no real advantage to being a network affiliate there...

Did you not read what racoonradio said above?

I watched just a few minutes of it the other night. Local house fire story. Everything the victim would say, the on-site reporter would repeat, verbatim. Very strange.
Seriously - dude, have you ever done this before? We'll see if this improves with time. As for a full-time network affiliation - channel 21 tried this a few years back, as a CBS affiliate. Was backed by Thomas Flatley, of builder and mall fame, so they had some pretty deep pockets involved. As I recall, the locals could already get CBS from Boston all over the place on cable systems, so there was no real advantage to being a network affiliate there...

Yes, someone already stated that Channel 21 was a failure. Please, pay attention.

I haven't checked out the NH1 newscasts, but I will starting tonight.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom