• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Victor Cruz out at KDES

kzpo

Regular Participant
Victor Cruz has left KDES as afternoon drive host. He had been at the station for 8 years. The station is moving in a different direction. I listened on line for several hours Sunday and noticed a number of 80's non chr crossover "alternative" songs I had never heard of.

I had been telling KDES for years to drop the 60's. Now they are too late to the game as KDGL has a couple of years head start on them. Hispanics are gone with the dropping of Art Laboe, now on KMRJ and Victor Cruz.

Hispanics are gone with the dropping of Art Laboe, now on KMRJ and Victor Cruz.

Considering that the market is about 55% Hispanic in the under-55 demo, that has to be a painful loss for KDES.

I listened recently, and without Jon, Victor and Art, the station pretty much bites.

Maybe the Canadian snowbirds like it. But, wait... they don't get diaries.

Last edited:
Very different songs on list. Several non hits. Looks like non programming people have got into the list.

Victor Cruz has landed at classic hits KDGL the eagle sat. nights 7 to midnight. KDES does not do research with the playlist in the hands of the pd.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom