• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Clear Channel has a new name

I use I♥R all the time, but one thing that bugs me is they lock you out of switching channels when an ad is playing, a disadvantage compared to radio or TV.

Their "For You" feature is completely useless for music if you aren't a consumer of disposable top 40, and even if you shut off all of their music genres they still insist on shoving a list of what's "Popular on iHeartRadio" at you.
They *try* to do a good job with their suggestions based on artist and song "channels" that you create, but it needs work.

Last edited:
Clear Channel is no more (almost)

CCM+E (the parent company) went away today....

It has a new name....IHeartMedia.......BUT the billboard, etc sub kept the CC name (Clear Channel Outdoors).

SOOO time to file for Citicasters, AMFM or Clear Channel as a company name and take over the radio stations here in Texas (oh wait, that's not how it works! ;) )

REAL funny thing: 97.1 IDs as: Country Legends 97.1, KTHT Cleveland Houston, an Iheart radio station..
gotta love it ;)

Lol, yeah, I think The Eagle promotes itself as an "IHeart" station as well.

My grandfather used to say, it doesn't matter how you dress it up, a pig is still a pig. Certainly applies here, very fitting.

A name change wouldn't have saved the Titanic in 1912, and it won't change the modern day sinking of this monstrosity of a corporation.

Clear Channel changes name

What do you think will happen to the local stations owned by IHateMedia? Will they stay as they are?

Personally think they should sell at least one. They're nearing 10 signals in SA - I'd rather have local broadcasters getting a piece of the show. LOL

What do you think will happen to the local stations owned by IHateMedia? Will they stay as they are?

Personally think they should sell at least one. They're nearing 10 signals in SA - I'd rather have local broadcasters getting a piece of the show. LOL

Bye bye Cheap Channel, hello iFartMedia!

The name changes...but the crap still stinks

How ironic is it that the most heartless of the major consolidators has adopted "Heart" as part of its new name?

The Heart of the Matter

So, Clear Channel will henceforth be known as "iHeartMedia". How ironic is it that the most heartless of the the major consolidators builds its name around the thing it lacks most - Heart.

People will confuse IHateMedia and IHateRadio a lot. Oh wait I think that was supposed to be "heart". LOL

Reflecting the most successful portion of their current business in their corporate name makes sense. Doesn't solve their horrid balance sheet which is what has adversely impacted the on air product, but really what else are they in a position to do?

CC or iHeart will be restructured at some point. Perhaps not in bankruptcy, but in debt holders trading in their notes for equity. The debt level is what is driving the company to automate more and more of their product.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom