• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

103.7 Chuck FM Playlist

Noticed a change in the Chuck FM playlist. It used to be centered on the 80s, with some 70s, 90s, and recurrents, and the occasional country track.

Now, it seems centered on the 90s and to a lesser extent the 00s, a lot less 80s, no 70s, and slightly more recurrents.

Is this keeping with Cox's "Chuck" stations in other markets?

Noticed a change in the Chuck FM playlist. It used to be centered on the 80s, with some 70s, 90s, and recurrents, and the occasional country track.

Now, it seems centered on the 90s and to a lesser extent the 00s, a lot less 80s, no 70s, and slightly more recurrents.

Is this keeping with Cox's "Chuck" stations in other markets?

I don't listen to "Chuck" in any market. But, it seems to me that as long as time moves along at the same constant, gradual pace, radio station playlists should also move along at that same pace so that as they drop older songs in favor of newer ones, it happens so gradually that no one really notices.

That doesn't mean I believe that programming based on release dates is a good thing to do. But if a station does it, they should do it so gradually that no one notices it.

Chuckles

Does Chuck FM show up in Atlanta ratings!? Since this is the ATL thread I was surprised to read about a small market station.
I think it is great they are making a dent the ATL. How is Chuck FM affecting the programming decisions and strategy of ATL programmers?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom